Gingerbread Candied Pecans can add holiday spice to salads, pies, or nut mixes. These delicious candied nuts a loaded with Gingerbread spices for a flavorful and yummy holiday treat!
‘Tis the season for all things gingerbread, and if you’re a fan, try indulging in Gingerbread Cupcakes with Honey Buttercream or a homemade Whipped Gingerbread Sugar Scrub! Package them in a jar and tie with a ribbon, you have a perfect DIY hostess gift!
And, you’re definitely going to want the recipe for these easy Candied Pecans. It’s a great recipe to keep in your back pocket this holiday season!
Candied nuts can be used as a seasonal garnish on top of sweet salads (like this yummy Strawberry Spinach Salad) or packed in a jar for DIY hostess gifts (bonus: they’re gluten-free)!
You can also add them to nut mixes or sprinkle them on top of desserts like Pumpkin Pie or ice cream for a dash of gingerbread spice.
You can make simple Candied Pecans on the stovetop over medium heat, but this festive version requires some baking time. Don’t worry, though, it’s still an easy recipe to make!
In fact, this is one of my favorite Candied Pecans Recipes. The nuts are coated with nostalgic flavors like brown sugar, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
Then, they’re baked to crunchy, glazed perfection. Sounds delicious, right? Scroll all the way to the bottom of the post for the full printable recipe.
How To Make Candied Pecans
Step 1: Preheat oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Then, beat the egg whites until foamy in a large bowl with an electric whisk.
Step 2: Add the molasses and vanilla to the egg whites and beat for another 30 seconds.
Step 3: Add the pecan halves to the bowl and toss until the nuts are fully coated.
Step 4: Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and ginger to a Ziploc Gallon Storage Bag.
Step 5: Add the pecans to the bag with the sugar mixture and shake until the pecans are fully coated.
Step 6: Evenly spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet and bake. Remove the candied pecans and stir every 15 minutes at the 15, 30, and 45 minutes mark. After an hour of total baking time, they should be done!
Do Candied Pecans Go Bad?
Candied Pecans keep for a while, but they will eventually go rancid. Store in an airtight container and they should be good in the pantry for at least a month.
Do Candied Pecans Need To Be Refrigerated?
As mentioned, these don’t have to be refrigerated. Putting them in the fridge can keep them fresher longer, but you’re better off freezing them for long-term storage.
Are Candied Pecans Gluten-Free?
Yes! These treats are gluten-free.
However, those with severe sensitivities should just look for ingredients that are certified gluten-free just to be safe. This is also a great recipe for anyone who avoids dairy since it doesn’t call for butter.
Gingerbread Candied PecansPin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
More Delicious Pecan Recipes
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Gingerbread Candied Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 225°F and line a large lipped baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, or in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the egg white until foamy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add in the molasses and vanilla and whip for another 30 seconds.
- Add pecans to the bowl and toss until every pecan has been coated.
- In a gallon storage bag, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- Add the coated pecans, close bag and shake until the pecans are coated in the sugar mixture.
- Spread into an even layer on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, after 15 minutes remove from oven and stir. Place back in the oven for another 15 minutes. Repeat every 15 minutes until they have baked for 1 hour. After 1 hour, remove from the oven and let cool.
- Nutritional information is an estimate per cup of candied pecans.