Salmon Pasta Salad is tossed in a tangy, slightly sweet homemade lemon mustard dressing and loaded with fresh veggies for a wholesome meal!
This Salmon Pasta Salad quickly comes together in just 40 minutes for a dish that’s overflowing with the best fresh flavors! Break up your dinner time monotony with this recipe and watch your family quickly devour it before asking for seconds!
5 Reasons Why I Love This Recipe!
- Light But Filling! Eaten as a meal this dish leaves you feeling full without feeling weighed down!
- Healthy! This dish is packed with nutrients, healthy fats, protein, and fiber from the vegetables, salmon, and pasta!
- Dinner Or A Side! Serve this as the whole meal or as a side to your dinner! Even bring it to cookouts or potlucks to share with friends and family!
- Serve Hot Or Cold! Enjoy this dish completely cold or with cold pasta and freshly cooked salmon! The choice is yours!
- Homemade Dressing! The homemade lemon mustard dressing that the pasta salad is tossed in really takes this dish over the top! Nothing beats the flavor of homemade!
This Salmon Pasta Salad has a base of penne pasta that’s loaded with fresh veggies such as red onion, plum tomatoes, English cucumber, and iceberg lettuce! Diced avocado is spread throughout the salad for a good serving of healthy fats!
The pasta salad is then tossed in a homemade lemon mustard dressing that can be tailored to your specific taste just by adjusting the ingredients! For this, you’ll need extra virgin olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard or coarsely ground mustard, garlic clove, and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Top the pasta salad off with skinless salmon fillets that are cooked with a drizzle of olive oil then seasoned with salt and ground black pepper. Then finish this dish by serving it with extra avocado slices sprinkled with black sesame seeds, lemon wedges, and fresh herbs if desired!
How To Make Salmon Pasta Salad
- Cook and dry the pasta.
- Place the salmon on a lined roasting pan or baking sheet with foil.
- Drizzle the salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Then bake until the salmon easily flakes apart.
- Shake the ingredients for the lemon mustard dressing in a jar.
- Assemble the salad by adding the cooked pasta and veggies to a large bowl and tossing it with the homemade dressing.
- Top with the salmon fillets and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Store
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Can I Make This Salmon Pasta Salad Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely! I just suggest storing the lemon mustard dressing separately and then adding it before serving!
How Do I Know When The Salmon Is Cooked?
You can check the doneness of the salmon by using a kitchen thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the fillet. Once it reads between 135 and 145 degrees F the salmon is done cooking.
Can I Make This Using Frozen Salmon?
Yes, you can! Just follow the directions for seasoning the filets and then adjust the cooking time accordingly.
I love serving this Salmon Pasta Salad for a light dinner on hot days or even bringing it along to summer cookouts as an easy contribution! Check out my other delicious pasta salad recipes that I think your whole family will eat right up!
- Tuna Pasta Salad – Rotini, veggies, and tuna tossed together in a creamy homemade dressing for a great cookout side dish!
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad – Serve this at your next BBQ for an instant hit that everyone will love!
- Taco Pasta Salad – Made with Mexican spices, ground beef, fresh veggies, and Doritos for a zesty twist on regular pasta salad!
- Orzo Pasta Salad With Feta And Spinach – A simple, easy, and delicious that’s prepared in under 30 minutes!
- Classic Macaroni Salad – Perfectly tender elbow macaroni tossed in a creamy dressing that’s loaded with veggies and seasonings!
Salmon Pasta SaladPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
Salmon Pasta Salad
Lemon Mustard Dressing
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or coarsely ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- If using dry pasta, cook according to the package instructions in salted water.
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 425°F.
- Line a roasting pan or baking sheet with foil and place the salmon in the roasting pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven and bake for 8-12 minutes. Check the doneness of the salmon with a fork, if it flakes easily then it’s ready.
- To make the dressing, to a jar, add olive oil, honey, mustard, garlic, and lemon juice. Shake until well combined, give it a taste and adjust ingredients to your preference.
- To assemble the salad, add the pasta and vegetables to a bowl. If serving right away, toss with the lemon honey mustard dressing to evenly coat, and top with the salmon fillets. If making ahead, store the dressing separately and add it before serving.
• To make individual salmon pasta salad bowls, divide the salad between 4 plates or shallow bowls, and place 1 salmon fillet on top of each bowl.
• Serve with extra avocado slices sprinkled with black sesame seeds, lemon wedges or slices to squeeze over the salmon, and fresh herbs if desired.