Heaven On Earth Cake is a light, fluffy dessert that’s filled with pieces of angel food cake, a creamy vanilla pudding layer, and strawberry pie filling! The perfect treat for strawberry lovers to enjoy year-round!
This Heaven On Earth Cake is a mouthwatering dessert that’s super easy to make using store-bought ingredients! After just 15 minutes of assembling this no-bake cake, it’s ready to chill before sharing and devouring!
You’ll love how easy this recipe makes it to enjoy your favorite strawberry flavors year-round! Though it’s the perfect addition to summer cookouts, it’s also a great go-to for parties, holidays, or an easy after-dinner treat with the family!
All About This Tasty Heaven On Earth Cake
Taste: Each bite of this no-bake treat may remind you of the classic Strawberry Shortcake with its combination of sweet, fruity strawberry flavor and whipped topping! This dessert is made with delicious angel cake pieces and a vanilla pudding layer that adds a nice enhancement of flavor!
Texture: Heaven On Earth Cake is filled with lots of delicious textures! From the light, moist angel food cake to the sticky strawberry pie filling that’s topped off with the creamy vanilla pudding topping. Finishing off this no-bake dessert is fluffy cool whip sprinkled with crunchy slivered almonds and the remaining gooey pie filling!
Heaven On Earth Cake Ingredients
- Angel Food Cake – Use store-bought or make your own!
- Strawberry Filling – We use canned, but you can make your own, and you can try other flavors.
- Pudding – You’ll need instant pudding, preferably vanilla, but white chocolate or cheesecake flavors would be great, too!
- Greek Yogurt – This gets added into the pudding mixture to both lighten it up and make it extra creamy.
- Milk – Make sure it’s nice and cold before mixing it with the pudding mix!
- Cool Whip – Make sure it’s fully thawed before use!
- Sliced Almonds – Add a bit of crunch and fancy topping to this luscious dessert!
How To Make Heaven On Earth Cake
Step 1: Cutting The Cake – It’s best to use a serrated knife to cut the angel food cake up. This way, you can use a sawing motion to prevent the cake pieces from being squished and flattening.
Step 2: Layering – When assembling this cake, you want to first spread angel food cake onto the bottom of the dish. Then, spread a portion of the strawberry filling onto the angel food cake and then top it with the remaining angel food cake. Then, spread the vanilla pudding mixture over the cake.
Step 3: Toppings – Finish the layer off with thawed cool whip spread over the top, then the remaining strawberry pie filling gets dropped onto the cake by the spoonful. For a fun look, you can spread it around and make some swirls! Then top this cake off with slivered almonds right before serving.
Step 4: Chilling – I find that this cake tastes best after it chills for 4 to 6 hours or even overnight. This produces a more flavorful and moist cake while also allowing the layers to set and bind together.
When I get the urge to enjoy a sweet strawberry dessert, I can always count on this Heaven On Earth Cake to do the trick!
No-Bake Heaven On Earth Cake Variations
The great thing about this easy recipe is the different ways you can make it! I prefer to make it the easiest way possible by using store-bought ingredients.
This cake recipe can even be made with another flavored pie filling besides strawberry! Try this recipe out using cherry, blueberry, raspberry, mixed berry medley, or peach pie filling!
Whichever filling you choose, this cake will be an instant hit with its sweet, fruity flavor!
If you love easy, no-bake recipes, try our Easy Chocolate Cheesecake too!
Heaven On Earth Cake FAQs
Store leftover cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. I find any longer than that, the cake starts to become soggy.
In my experience, this Heaven On Earth Cake doesn’t thaw well. Therefore, I would not recommend freezing it.
Yes, this recipe can be layered in a trifle dish! Doing so will also show off all of the pretty layers this dessert has!
No, you do not prepare the instant vanilla pudding mix according to the instructions on its package. Instead, it is combined with Greek Yogurt and whole milk in its powder form.
Absolutely! To double the recipe, you’ll combine a 5.1-ounce packet of vanilla pudding with 2 cups of whole milk and 1 1/2 cups of sour cream. Again, Greek Yogurt can also be replaced with sour cream.
You’ll also need two 14-ounce store-bought angel food cakes. As well as a 32-ounce can of strawberry pie filling, a 12-ounce container of cool whip, and 3 tablespoons of slivered almonds.
More Strawberry Recipes
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
Strawberry Heaven On Earth Cake
- 9×13-inch baking pan
- Large mixing bowl
- 1 (3.4 oz.) box vanilla instant pudding mix unprepared
- 1½ cups cold whole milk
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 14 ounces store bought angel food cake divided
- 1 (21 oz.) can strawberry pie filling divided
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- 3 tablespoons almond slivers
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the 1 (3.4 oz.) box vanilla instant pudding mix, 1½ cups cold whole milk, and 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt or sour cream until smooth and the mixture begins to thicken. Set aside.
- Cut the 14 ounces store bought angel food cake into 1-inch cubes and then evenly layer half of it into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Spread about ⅔ of the 1 (21 oz.) can strawberry pie filling on top of the angel food cake, then layer the remaining angel food cake over the top of the strawberry filling.
- Evenly spread the vanilla pudding mixture over the top of the angel food cake layer.
- Then top it with the thawed 8 ounces Cool Whip, spreading it out to fully and evenly cover the pan.
- Using a spoon, drop spoonfuls of the remaining strawberry pie filling over the cake and swirl it around a bit.
- Chill in the refrigerator, uncovered, for 4 to 6 hours or even overnight for a more flavorful and moist cake. Refrigerating it will also help the layers to set. You can tent aluminum foil over the top of the cake if desired.
- Right before serving, sprinkle with 3 tablespoons almond slivers. Enjoy!
- How To Store Leftovers: Store leftover cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. I find any longer than that, the cake starts to become soggy.
- Can This Cake Be Frozen? In my experience, this Heaven On Earth Cake doesn’t thaw well. Therefore, I would not recommend freezing it.