These Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins are just the thing to start your day! A little dense and a little sweet, it’s like eating dessert for breakfast!
Good morning all! Today I’m sharing one of my favorite breakfast treats – muffins. I usually have a nice sensible breakfast, like scrambled eggs or fruit, but sometimes I crave a sweet treat. These triple chocolate chip cookie muffins are the perfect cure for that craving!
One of the most popular recipes on My Simple Kitchen is my double chocolate zucchini muffin recipe. Since they are such a huge hit, I decided to use the same base ingredients to create these chocolate chip cookie muffins. I am SO happy with how they turned out – a little dense, a little sweet. I may be a little biased as chocolate chip cookies are kind of a weakness for me, but they are amazing. And any excuse to have dessert for breakfast is good with me!
You can make these muffins as versatile as you’d like. All white chocolate chips, no white chocolate chips or add some butterscotch chips. I don’t think you could mess this one up!
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In stand mixer, beat together melted butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, then add vanilla and mix until fully combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Even pour batter into lined muffin tin and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin the image below!
Want more from My Simple Kitchen? Check out these great recipes!