Blueberry Muffins are made with tangy buttermilk and delicious blueberries for a yummy breakfast muffin topped with a sugary butter crumble.
I think my favorite day of the week is Sunday. You’d think it would be Friday or Saturday because the weekend is still ahead of me, but there’s just something about Sundays that are slow and lazy and perfect. As perfect as these Blueberry Muffins.
Blueberry Muffins are the perfect accompaniment to a hot mug of coffee and makes a great on-the-go breakfast. I love the way the plump blueberries burst with juice and that sugary crumb topping, now that’s where it’s at!
Blueberry season is upon us here in Maine and those juicy little berries are bountiful and blue and I just want to make ALL the things with them! Including my Blueberry Barbecue Sauce and about a million batches of these Blueberry Muffins because they are THAT good!
These muffins are pretty much everything I love about breakfast: buttery, sugary, fruity, carby… <<< totally a thing, right? These muffins are so delicious and the strawberry version is my most popular recipe! This blueberry muffins recipe is definitely one that you’ll make again and again and many will likely beg you for it.
Can You Use Frozen Blueberries?
You can make this with frozen blueberries, but I have found the fresh works best and delivers a juicier final outcome!
How Do You Keep Blueberries From Sinking?
Simply mix the blueberries with a couple of tablespoons of all-purpose flour to coat them, this will keep them from sinking into the batter.
How Do You Make A Crumb Topping For Muffins?
I make the crumb topping for these muffins with a mixture of cold butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and all-purpose flour.
More Delicious Breakfast Dishes
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! I’ve also created a fun group on Facebook and I’d love for you to join in! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE. You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F and line muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- Beat softened butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla. The mixture will be a bit lumpy, that’s okay.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups of the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mix and buttermilk, alternating between the two 3 times until incorporated into the butter mix. Beat until completely combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together about 1 cup of the blueberries and the extra tablespoon of all-purpose flour, make sure to coat. Gently fold blueberries into the batter. Add a 1/4 cup of batter to each muffin liner. Load up the tops of the muffins with remaining blueberries.
- In a mixing bowl, use your hands to mix the crumble ingredients until it looks like, well… a crumble. Sprinkle crumble evenly over the tops of the muffins.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F and bake muffins for 18-20 minutes.