Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars consists of cream cheese filling sandwiched between two chocolate chip cookie layers. Made with just four ingredients, prep is a cinch, thanks to refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough!
Cheesecake bars are an easy crowd-pleasing dessert perfect for any occasion! My fruity, decadent Best Ever Blueberry Cheesecake Bars and Apple Cheesecake Bars that are made with a shortbread crust are just as good as these chocolate chip ones!
These Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars are a sweet and creamy treat that’s perfect for those who love munching on Edible Cookie Dough and New York Style Cheesecake!
It’s no secret that cheesecake can be tricky to make. But you can still enjoy that rich, luscious flavor by making simple cheesecake recipes like Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars!
What Else Can You Do With Cookie Dough?
Glad you asked! Making these Cheesecake Cookie Bars is one of my favorite creative ways to use pre-made cookie dough.
You only need three additional ingredients (that you probably already have in your kitchen), to make this easy cheesecake-inspired dessert!
What’s In Them?
Refrigerated Cookie Dough: My hack to make this dessert ridiculously easy to put together!
Cheesecake Filling: This is a simple mix of cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and an egg. The egg acts as a binder so the filling keeps its shape while remaining smooth and creamy. The cheesecake layer is then sandwiched between two layers of cookie dough, then cooked in the oven.
Make sure the cream cheese is room temperature, which will make it easier to mix.
How To Make Them:
- Press half of the refrigerate cookie dough evenly onto the bottom of a 9×9-inch baking pan that’s lined with parchment paper.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt together in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Break the remaining cookie dough into small pieces and sprinkle them over the top of the cheesecake filling.
- Add sprinkles and/or mini chocolate chips over the top then bake until the center is only slightly jiggly.
How To Store Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
Store these bars in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
How Do You Know When The Bars Are Done?
When the baking time is up, the top layer of the cookie should be golden brown and the filling should be firm. But they’re not “done” yet! Wait for them to cool completely at room temperature (about half an hour), then put them in the refrigerator to chill for two hours.
Expert Tips & Tricks:
- Don’t put them in the refrigerator while hot or warm. Otherwise, condensation will form and the top will get soggy.
- Use whipped cream cheese instead of traditional block and you can omit any time you would need to wait for the cream cheese to soften.
- To prevent the dough from sticking to your fingers, coat them with flour before flattening it out and pressing it into the bottom of the pan.
- Be sure to stop mixing the cheesecake filling once it’s completely blended. Over-mixing will lead to air bubbles and cracking in this layer.
More Easy Cheesecake Recipes:
- Cranberry Cheesecake Bars: Tart and creamy, these are perfect for the holidays.
- Apple Cheesecake Bars: A mouthwatering cross between cheesecake and apple pie!
- Sopapilla: A creamy filling between two layers of pastry and topped with cinnamon and sugar.
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake: Deliciously rich and decadent.
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Tart: A must for pumpkin lovers!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake BarsPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 9×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Press half of the cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, bet together the cream cheese, sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the cheesecake filling over the top of the chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Pinch half of the remaining half of the cookie dough into pieces over the top of the cheesecake filling. Sprinkle sprinkles over the top, if desired. You will have half of the cookie dough left over, feel free to just bake up as regular cookies or discard. The whole amount is too much for the topping.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes until the center is only slightly jiggly.
- Transfer the cheesecake to a wire rack and allow to cool to room temperature, then transfer to the refrigerator and chill for 3 hours.
- Sugar can be reduced to 1/2 cup or increased to 1 cup for a less or more sweet filling.
- Do not prebake the cookie dough.
- The cheesecake will sink in the center slightly after cooling.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.