Halloween Chocolate Covered Strawberries are a treat the family can make together using juicy berries, melted chocolate, and edible decorations! This festive dessert is sure to disappear in no time!
Make this spooky season one to remember with these Halloween Chocolate Covered Strawberries! They’re sweet, fruity, and filled with lots of festive fun!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries aren’t just for Valentine’s Day! With some edible decorations, food coloring, and creativity, you get Halloween Strawberries!
And everyone will thank you since chocolate-covered strawberries are always a favorite!
Juicy Chocolate Covered Halloween Strawberries
Taste: These berries may be for Halloween, but they’re filled with the same delicious flavor! Fresh, juicy strawberry flavor mixed with sweet chocolate in every bite! Depending on which dressed-up berry you grab you may get an extra taste of candy and pretzels!
Texture: This Halloween Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe has lots of texture! From the juicy berries to the smooth chocolate, and crunchy edible decorations, every bite is exciting!
These Halloween themed strawberries aren’t the only thing that will taste delicious this October! Spider Cakes and Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats are sure to both be hits while also being super easy to make!
Helpful Tips To Successfully Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Dry Berries – For best results, the berries must be completely dry. Wash them, pat them down with paper towels, and then let them sit on a paper-towel-lined surface at room temperature.
- Chocolate – Good quality chocolate for melting is a must! For this Halloween strawberries recipe, I used Belgian dark chocolate. However, you could also use candy melts or even chocolate chips with some coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Food Coloring – To create the green and purple chocolate you’ll want to use oil-based candy coloring. Oil-based is the best option since it binds well to the chocolate without changing its consistency.
- Dipping – The easiest way I found to dip the strawberries in chocolate was to stick two toothpicks into the top of each berry.
- Drizzle – When it comes to drizzling white chocolate to make the Mummy strawberries a piping bag works best. If you don’t have one, a Ziploc bag with a corner cut off works well in a pinch!
Halloween Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ideas
If you’re looking for more ideas to accompany your Mummy, Frankenstein, and Spiders I’ve got you covered! After all, you can never have too many Halloween strawberries!
- Ghosts! First, dip the strawberries in melted white chocolate. Then use either chocolate sprinkles or melted chocolate to draw on the eyes and mouth.
- Skulls! Coat the strawberries in melted white chocolate. Once dried, use melted chocolate in a piping bag with a fine tip to draw on the boney face!
- Pumpkins! Dip the strawberries in orange melted chocolate. Then drizzle on orange lines to give the berries a similar texture as pumpkins. Lastly, use melted chocolate to draw on a jack-o-lantern face!
- Vampires! Melt chocolate and color it purple. Then dip the berries, coating them in melted purple chocolate. After, use melted chocolate and white chocolate to dress them up as vampires!
- Bats! Heat chocolate until melted and then dip the dried berries into it. Break mini pretzels and dip them in the melted chocolate as well, creating bat wings. Next, add candy eyes, and stick one chocolate-covered wing into each side of the berry. Draw on fangs with melted white chocolate if desired.
Storage Instructions For These Halloween Strawberries
These chocolate-covered strawberries are best when eaten the same day they’re made. However, if you need to make them ahead of time you can place the completed berries into a paper towel-lined container.
Then you can store the container in the fridge for up to one day.
How Come The Chocolate Covered Strawberries Won’t Harden?
Make sure the strawberries have been thoroughly dried off after they’ve been washed. If not, the melted chocolate won’t harden since there’s too much extra moisture on the berries.
Where’s The Best Place To Find Sprinkles To Make These Spooky Halloween Strawberries?
The seasonal aisle in Walmart and Target usually has a good selection. I’ve also had good luck at craft stores like Michaels or JoAnn’s.
Halloween StrawberriesPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
Halloween Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 20 Toothpicks
- 1 small bowls
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper
- 3 spoons
- Piping bag
- ¾ cup Belgian dark chocolate
- 6 mini pretzels
- 10 large strawberries
- 10 red pearl sprinkles
- 2 red jimmies sprinkles
- 8 white jimmies sprinkles
- ½ cup Belgian white chocolate
- green gel food coloring
- 1 tablespoon black jimmie sprinkles
- 4 candy eyes
- 2 pretzel sticks
Halloween Sprinkles Strawberries
- ½ cup Belgian white chocolate
- purple gel food coloring
- 2 tablespoons Halloween colored sprinkles
- ½ cup Belgian white chocolate
- 4 round green sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
- Start by washing and thoroughly drying the strawberries and letting them drain on paper towels.10 large strawberries
- Melt a ¾ cup of dark Belgian chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at 20-second intervals, stirring between each one until just melted and smooth. (Reserve a small amount of the dark chocolate for the Mummy Strawberry)¾ cup Belgian dark chocolate
- Dip 6 mini pretzels (1 at a time) in the dark chocolate allow the excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl and then place on the baking sheet.6 mini pretzels
- Insert 2 toothpicks into the top of a strawberry. Dip the strawberry in the dark chocolate and allow any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Place the strawberry on the lined baking sheet. Add 5 red pearl sprinkles for the eyes, then add a red Jimmie sprinkle for the mouth and white Jimmie sprinkles for teeth. Place the sheet in the fridge for 10 minutes or the freezer for 5 minutes. This will allow it to set quickly for the next step.10 large strawberries, 10 red pearl sprinkles, 2 red jimmies sprinkles, 8 white jimmies sprinkles
- Remove the chilled strawberry and pretzels from the refrigerator. Cut the pretzel in half lengthwise to make 2 legs, remove the small piece of pretzel in the center of each pretzel leg and discard. Repeat with remaining pretzels to create the rest of the legs. We found that only three legs securely fit on each side of the strawberry, but you could try to fit four.
- Using a toothpick spread a small amount of dark melted chocolate on a pretzel “leg” and attach it to the strawberry. Hold it to secure and continue with the remaining “legs”. Allow them to fully set before enjoying.
- Melt a ½ cup of white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at 20-second intervals, stirring between each one until just melted and smooth. Add a few drops of green candy color and stir until the color is evenly distributed throughout the chocolate.½ cup Belgian white chocolate, green gel food coloring
- Insert 2 toothpicks into the top of a strawberry. Dip the strawberry in the green chocolate and allow any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Then place the strawberry on the prepared baking sheet.
- Immediately add black sprinkles for the hair, two candy eyes, and more black sprinkles to create his mouth.1 tablespoon black jimmie sprinkles, 4 candy eyes
- When the chocolate is almost set, cut a pretzel stick in half and insert each half as a bolt on both sides of his neck. You can add a small white circular sprinkle with a drop of melted chocolate to the edge of the bolt if you would like. Allow them to fully set before enjoying.2 pretzel sticks
Halloween Sprinkles Strawberries
- Melt a ½ cup of white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at 20-second intervals, stirring between each one just until smooth.½ cup Belgian white chocolate
- Add in a few drops of purple candy color and stir until the chocolate is evenly covered.purple gel food coloring
- Insert 2 toothpicks into the top of a strawberry. Dip the strawberry in the purple melted chocolate, and allow any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Then place the strawberry on the lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with an assortment of Halloween-colored sprinkles. Allow them to fully set before enjoying.2 tablespoons Halloween colored sprinkles
- Melt a ½ cup of white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at 20-second intervals, stirring between each one until just melted.½ cup Belgian white chocolate
- Take a tablespoon of the melted white chocolate and insert it into a piping bag.
- Insert 2 toothpicks into the top of a strawberry. Dip the strawberry in the white melted chocolate, and allow any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Then place the strawberry on the lined baking sheet. Repeat with a second strawberry. Place the sheet in the fridge for 10 minutes or the freezer for 5 minutes. This will allow it to set quickly for the next step.10 large strawberries
- Remove the chilled strawberry from the refrigerator. Using a toothpick spread the dark chocolate (reserved from the spider strawberry above) in a small rectangle on the upper third of the strawberry.
- Place two small green circular sprinkles over the dark chocolate as eyes for each strawberry. Using the chocolate in the piping bag to pipe the “bandages” randomly over the strawberry. Allow them to fully set before enjoying.4 round green sprinkles
- You can substitute candy melts for chocolate if you prefer.
- You can melt more or less chocolate depending on how many strawberries you want to make.
- Use only gel or oil-based candy coloring for coloring chocolate.
- These are best eaten the day they are made. They sweat when refrigerated. If you need to make them ahead place them in a container lined with paper towels, uncovered.
- Feel free to use candy eyes for the mummy and spider strawberries if finding the red pearl and green sprinkles are too much.
- Brown jimmies sprinkles may be used for Frankenstein instead of black if desired.