This Crispy Air Fryer Shrimp is golden brown and packed with a kick of heat from the breading to the jalapeno cream chili dipping sauce!
This Crispy Air Fryer Shrimp is packed with heat starting with the breading that’s laced with ancho chili powder, red pepper flakes, and white pepper! Finish it off by dipping the golden brown shrimp in a creamy sauce filled with minced jalapenos and Frank’s red hot sauce!
The air fryer shrimp hits your plate in just 15 minutes making it the perfect snack or appetizer! To make it a complete meal just pair it with Roasted Vegetables or Orzo Pasta Salad With Feta And Spinach!
No matter how you enjoy this crispy, spicy shrimp everyone is sure to love it!
Crispy Air Fryer Shrimp Ingredients
Making this shrimp in the air fryer is so easy and quick! Start by gathering the recipe ingredients!
- Shrimp – The shrimp needs to be peeled, deveined, and completely dry.
- All-Purpose Flour – This helps the egg wash stick better to the shrimp.
- Seasonings – Pile on the flavor with smoked paprika, garlic powder, white pepper, ancho chili powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Panko Breadcrumbs – Makes these air fried shrimp perfectly crispy and crunchy!
- Eggs – Whisked together and used to dip the shrimp into to hold the breading on.
To mix up the jalapeno cream chili sauce use minced jalapeno, sweet chili sauce, Frank’s red hot sauce, sour cream, and green onions.
Lastly, a non-stick cooking spray like canola oil or olive oil is needed to coat the air fryer basket before frying the shrimp. I don’t recommend using PAM on the baskets since they tend to ruin them.
How To Make Crispy Air Fryer Shrimp
- Coat the shrimp in a mixture of flour, paprika, garlic powder, white pepper, and ancho chili powder.
- Dredge the coated shrimp in eggs and then allow the excess egg to drip off.
- Toss the shrimp in panko breadcrumbs until fully coated.
- Cook the shrimp at 400 degrees in a single layer, spraying the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray. After 3 minutes shake the basket, flip the shrimp, and finish cooking.
- Whisk together the firecracker sauce in a small bowl.
- Serve the air fryer breaded shrimp on a platter with jalapeno cream chili sauce and garnish with green onion and jalapenos. Enjoy!
Can I Use Frozen Shrimp For This Recipe?
Yes, just thaw them and pat them dry before following the recipe and instructions.
What If I Don’t Have An Air Fryer?
That’s ok, can deep fry them or bake them in the oven!
Deep fry the breaded shrimp in oil that’s been heated to 375 degrees in a heavy bottomed pan. Fry them for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Bake them in the oven at 400 degrees for 8 to 12 minutes. Flip the shrimp halfway through the cooking time.
How To Store Leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer at 350 degrees for about 4 minutes or until heated all the way through.
This Crispy Air Fryer Shrimp is a great way to bring new flavor to the table whether it’s as a snack or a meal! Here are more delicious Air Fryer recipes to enjoy with your friends and family!
- Crunchy Air Fryer Nashville Hot Chicken – You get to skip the deep frying while still enjoying chicken your favorite way, crispy!
- Perfectly Moist Air Fryer Chocolate Cake – Amazingly dense chocolate cake covered in Chocolate Ganache!
- Easy Air Fryer Pizzas – Family pizza nights just got more fun with this quick pizza option using refrigerated biscuits!
- Quick Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts – Super easy donuts made out of canned biscuits and then dipped in cinnamon-sugar or topped with a glaze!
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings – Only 5 minutes of prep and 30 minutes of cooking stand between you and these tasty wings!
Crispy Air Fryer Shrimp
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
Air Fryer Spicy Fried Shrimp (with jalapeño cream chili sauce)
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Frank's red hot sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup green onions chopped (about 4 stalks)
- Prepare the dredging station. In a small bowl, combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, white pepper, and ancho chili powder. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. In a third bowl, combine panko bread crumbs and red pepper flakes.
- Add shrimp to the flour bowl and toss to coat. Next, dredge in eggs. Let excess egg drip off. Then, add to the panko bread crumbs and toss to coat.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
- While the air fryer is preheating, prepare the firecracker sauce. Add minced jalapenos, sweet chili sauce, sour cream, hot sauce, and black pepper to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Arrange shrimp in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Spray gently with canola oil or nonstick cooking spray. Cook for 3 minutes, flip, and cook 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and place on a platter or in a bowl.
- Serve with jalapeno cream chili sauce and garnish with green onion and jalapenos. Enjoy!
- You can use frozen shrimp, just thaw them and pat them dry before following the recipe and instructions.
- Alternative Cooking Methods:
- Deep fry the breaded shrimp in oil that’s been heated to 375 degrees in a heavy-bottomed pan. Fry them for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Bake them in the oven at 400 degrees for 8 to 12 minutes. Flip the shrimp halfway through the cooking time.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer at 350 degrees for about 4 minutes or until heated all the way through.