These Hot Chocolate Cupcakes are made with actual hot chocolate in the batter, filled with marshmallow fluff, and finished with a vanilla whipped cream frosting!
Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
These Hot Chocolate Cupcakes are a fun and delicious winter-time treat the whole family will enjoy!
Hot Chocolate. We all pretty much grew up on it in the winter time, most of us were probably mixing those packets with water or milk by the time we were three.
But we’re adults now, and whisking out lumps of powder isn’t something we love doing, ain’t nobody got time for that!
But it’s okay, all is not lost! International Delight now makes Hot Chocolate that you just have to Heat & Drink! Ummm… AWESOME!
And it comes in both Milk and Dark Chocolate too, but you want to know what’s even better?
These hot chocolates are not only delicious on their own but since they’re made with real milk, they’re perfect for making baked goods! If you can’t find this product, just use chocolate milk.
Which brings me to these hot chocolate cupcakes. These moist, rich, chocolaty, fluff-filled, and whipped cream frosted cupcakes.
With all that extra time you save from whisking, you can make these cupcakes!
Okay, okay, the whisking wasn’t that bad and doesn’t take THAT much time, but these cupcakes take less than an hour to make and they’re definitely worth it!
I sent these hot chocolate cupcakes to my Mom’s office yesterday and had several comments last night about how amazing they were and some of them even ate TWO! I think that’s a strong indicator that you need to make these cupcakes pronto!
More Delicious Holiday Recipes!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Sugar & Soul (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #sugarandsoulco so I can see all the wonderful recipes YOU make from this site! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Pin this Hot Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe for Later!
Watch how to make these cupcakes in the video below!
- 1½ cups marshmallow fluff
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cupcake pan with liners.
- Combine cupcake ingredients in mixing bowl and beat until well combined, making sure to scrape down the sides as needed.
Add about 1/4 cup of batter to each liner so they're about ¾ full.
- Bake cupcakes for about 18-20 minutes until toothpick comes clean.
- Let set in pan for a couple of minutes before transferring to oven rack to finish cooling.
- Core out the center of the cupcakes and pipe in fluff until each is full.
Combine heavy cream, powdered sugar, and pudding mix in mixing bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and sprinkle with sprinkles and mini marshmallows.
- The hot chocolate can be added when warm, chocolate milk can be added cold or at room temperature.