Irish Cream Edible Cookie Dough is an easy-to-make eggless treat that’s made with Irish cream, chocolate chips, and a few pantry staple ingredients! A sweet dessert that’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
Want to bite into an actual cookie that’s also made with Irish Cream? Then whip up over a dozen of my no-bake Bailey’s Cookies in just 15 minutes!
Serve yourself up a bowl of this delicious Edible Irish Cream Cookie Dough for a fun St. Patrick’s Day Treat! The good news is that it’s completely safe to eat, meaning not only can you lick the spatula but you can even eat the whole bowl!
With March right around the corner, I love making all things Irish cream! Irish Cream Milkshakes, Irish Cream Cake, and even Irish Cream French Toast! Any holiday is just a great excuse to indulge in some delicious seasonal flavor!
And this edible cookie dough has just that with the perfect hint of Irish Cream! Made in just 10 minutes with a handful of easy ingredients, you’ll love the flavor and ease of this quick recipe!
Making this Irish Cream Edible Cookie Dough takes little time and minimal effort! As well as a handful of easy ingredients! To make up a batch you’ll need:
- Pantry Staples – Light brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Irish Flavor – I love using my Homemade Irish Cream Recipe to add the best Irish flavor to this dough! But feel free to just use some Baileys Irish Cream if you’d like to simplify making this cookie dough.
- Salted Butter – Helps the dough hold its shape as well as add flavor.
- Chocolate Chips – I used a combination of mini chocolate chips and mini white chocolate chips.
- Sprinkles – Optional, but does add touch of holiday fun for serving!
How To Make Bailey’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Bake the flour on a cookie sheet. Then allow it to cool completely.
- Cream the butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and Irish cream slowly.
- Mix in the salt and baked flour until combined.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips and serve!
Frequently Aked Questions
How Is This Cookie Dough Safe To Eat?
It’s eggless cookie dough, so that eliminates the risk of potential salmonella. To further ensure it’s safe to consume the flour is heat-treated in the oven to a high temperature.
This simple process kills off any bacteria that the flour may have in it.
Can I Add More Irish Cream For A Stronger Flavor?
Yes! Feel free to add an additional ounce or two of Irish cream to obtain a stronger flavor. Just keep in mind that adding more will create a softer dough.
How Do I Store This Edible Cookie Dough?
Simply place it in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Then enjoy it for up to 3 days!
Is There Another Way To Heat Treat The Flour?
There is! Instead of baking it in the oven, you can simply microwave it in a bowl. To do so microwave it for five 15-second intervals, stirring between each one.
The flour is safe to use once it has reached a temperature of at least 160 degrees F. To check the temperature you can simply use a kitchen thermometer!
Can I Just Use One Kind Of Chocolate Chips?
Of course! I personally enjoy the dough most when it has a mix of white and semi-sweet chocolate chips. But you can totally follow your own taste buds and certainly just use one or the other.
How Can I Make A Non-Alcoholic Version Of This Recipe?
Easy, just swap out the liquor for Irish Cream coffee creamer!
One of my favorite things about edible dough recipes such as this Irish Cream Cookie Dough is the fact that they all take just 5 to 15 minutes to make! Here are more easy edible cookie dough recipes you’ll also want to lick off of the spatula!
- Cookie Dough – Loaded with mini chocolate chips and ready to enjoy in just 10 minutes!
- Gingerbread Cookie Dough – Made with spices, molasses, white chocolate chips, and pantry staple ingredients!
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough – Choose your favorite mix-ins to add to this no-bake recipe!
- Sugar Cookie Dough – All the flavor you love in sugar cookies except in safe to eat dough form!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
Edible Irish Cream Cookie Dough
- Spread the flour out on a cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for 5 to 6 minutes. Alternatively, you can microwave the flour at 30-second intervals, stirring between each until the flour to a temperature of 160°F so it's safe to use.1½ cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.½ cup salted butter, ½ cup light brown sugar, ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Scrape down the sides and slowly beat in the vanilla extract and Irish cream.1 teaspoons vanilla extract, 3 ounces Irish Cream
- Scrape down the sides again and add the flour and salt and mix until combined.
- Fold in the mini and white chocolate chips. Add holiday sprinkles, if desired.½ cup mini chocolate chips, ½ cup white chocolate chips, sprinkles
- Eat immediately or store in the fridge in an air-tight container up to three days.
- This recipe yields about 3 cups and each portion is 1/4 cup. This is the serving size the nutritional information is based on.
- This recipe has a nice hint of Irish cream and is a perfect scoopable texture. Feel free to add an extra ounce or two of Irish cream but note that the dough with be softer.
- I like to use a mix of white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips but you could just use one or the other.
- Irish Cream coffee creamer could be substituted for the liquor if you want to make this non-alcoholic.