Edible Monster Cookie Dough is an eggless no-bake recipe that’s made with heat-treated flour for an easy dessert that’s ready in only 10 minutes! The perfect sweet treat for sharing or enjoying as a late-night snack!
Go ahead, lick the spoon… in fact keep licking it because this Edible Monster Cookie Dough Recipe is completely safe to eat! This is both good and bad news since now there’s no reason that we can’t eat an entire bowl of cookie dough!
This edible dough is an easy-to-make treat that kids all the way to adults will happily devour! Great for serving at parties or right at home for a family movie night snack!
What To Expect When Licking The Spatula!
Taste: This quick, simple recipe is sweetened up with M&Ms, mini chocolate chips, and white and brown sugar! While the salt and creamy peanut butter add a savory balance to the edible dough!
Texture: This Edible Monster Cookie Dough is wonderfully soft, chewy, and doughy! A pleasing texture to enjoy while making all of your cookie dough-eating dreams come true!
If you are looking for a really smooth and soft dough texture, just add more heavy cream until you reach the desired consistency.
How To Enjoy Edible Cookie Dough
- Right Off The Spatula! After all, eating cookie dough right off the spatula is kind of everyone’s weakness!
- With Ice Cream! Add an overflowing scoop of cookie dough on top of a bowl of your favorite ice cream!
- As A Dip! Pair the Edible Monster Cookie Dough with a platter of cookies, pretzels, sturdy crackers, or even slice apples!
- Make Truffles! Roll this edible dough into balls and pop them in the freezer for a bit to allow them to firm up. Then dip them in melted chocolate to make mouthwatering truffles!
No matter how I enjoy this no-bake dessert, the bottom line is I ALWAYS enjoy it! And so will you!
For more edible cookie dough recipes check out my Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough or Edible Sugar Cookie Dough! I also try to make up a batch of Irish Cream Edible Cookie Dough every year around St Patrick’s Day!
As well as a heaping portion of Edible Gingerbread Cookie Dough for our annual Christmas party!
Kitchen Tips & Tricks For Making Edible Monster Cookie Dough
- The flour in this recipe HAS to be heat treated to at least 160 degrees F. If you skip heat treating the flour, then this dough will be considered unsafe to consume.
- This recipe heat treats the flour in the microwave, but you could also do this in your oven as well. To do so first spread the flour out on a rimmed baking sheet. Then bake it at 350 degrees F for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Make sure the heat-treated flour is completely cooled before adding it to the dough. If you add it when it’s warm it will heat the other ingredients, causing the final texture to be too soft.
- I used creamy peanut butter in this recipe. I wouldn’t suggest using all-natural peanut butter since it has a much runnier consistency.
- Feel free to exchange the M&Ms or chocolate chips for your choice of candy! Reese’s Pieces or even mini Peanut Butter Cups would be a tasty variation!
What’s The Best Way To Store This Edible Cookie Dough?
Store the edible dough in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy it for 4 to 5 days.
Does This Edible Dough Freeze Well?
Yes, it does! To freeze it just place the dough in an airtight container and freeze it for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to enjoy it just transfer the container of dough to the fridge to allow it to thaw for several hours.
What Makes This Edible Monster Cookie Dough Safe To Eat?
This edible recipe is safe to eat because it omits the eggs and requires the flour to be heat treated before consuming the dough. Both steps prevent the possibility of consuming bacteria that could cause food poisoning.
Edible Monster Cookie DoughPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
Edible Monster Cookie Dough
- Add the flour and oatmeal to a small bowl and microwave for FIVE 15-second intervals, stirring between each one to heat treat the flour. The flour should reach a temperature of at least 160°F. Allow the flour to cool for 5 minutes after the last round.1 cup all-purpose flour, ½ cup 1-Minute Oats
- In a medium bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.⅓ cup creamy peanut butter, ¼ cup unsalted butter, ¼ cup light brown sugar, ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Beat in the heavy cream, vanilla, and salt until smooth.½ cup heavy cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Beat in the cooled flour until fully combined.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the chocolate chips and M&Ms.½ cup mini chocolate chips, ½ cup M&M's
- This recipe yields about 2 1/2 cups of edible dough and each serving is about 1/4 cup.
- You can enjoy this edible cookie dough for 4 to 5 days when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Remove and let thaw in the refrigerator for several hours before enjoying for best texture.
- I wouldn’t recommend baking this dough. If you’re craving actual peanut butter cookies then try my classic Peanut Butter Cookies recipe or my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Another easy method for heat-treating the flour is spreading the flour out on a rimmed baking sheet and baking at 350 degrees F for 5 to 6 minutes.