This Roasted Strawberry Lemonade is the perfect mix of bright lemons and sweet strawberries and just what you need on a summer afternoon!
So I would like to say that I have a lemonade issue, but that would be a lie. The truth is, I have a liquid issue. Lemonades, hot chocolates, cocktails, you name it. If it’s liquid and it tastes good… it belongs in my bell-ay!
But I REALLY do love lemonade, especially in the summertime. What I love even more are pulpy lemonades, you know, the kinds loaded up with additional fruits. I LOVE Buffalo Wild Wings Huckleberry Lemonade, and I my mouth waters just thinking about Ruby Tuesday’s Raspberry Lemonade. But the match that stands above the rest is Strawberry Lemonade. And homemade at that. Oh and let’s not forget that it’s got to be roasted!
Yes, I just said roasted, like in the oven not on a stage. For this recipe, I always roast both the strawberries and the lemons for a great bold flavor that screams summer! It’s got a great pulp and an awesome little zing of tartness! It makes a whole pitcher which means it’s perfect for summer get togethers!
- 4 Lemons
- 1 lb Strawberries
- 3/4 cup Sugar divided
- 5 cups Water divided
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Slice lemons in half and place them cut side up in a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Hull strawberries and cut them in half and then arrange them on a lightly greased baking sheet in an even layer. Make sure it has a lip so no juice escapes.
- Sprinkle lemons and strawberries with 1/4 cup of the sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Once fruit is done, allow lemons to rest while you transfer strawberries to a blender and pulse until a puree forms.
- Add sugar to the blender and pulse for a couple seconds.
- Juice your lemons, they'll still be hot, but also really soft and will take no time at all!
- Add lemon juice to blender and pulse.
- Pour into a large pitcher and add the water, stir until mixed.
- Chill until ready to serve and pour over ice.
You might also like these recipes: