These Vanilla Chai Crumble Muffins are the essence of a cozy breakfast. Made with vanilla chai, Vietnamese cinnamon, brown sugar, pecans, and a sweet glaze, they’re absolutely delicious!
Let’s start the morning off right, shall we? There’s nothing quite like a warm glazed muffin straight from the oven and a latte to set the tone for the day. Especially when both are loaded with the deep flavors of Vanilla Chai! Who could say no to that, am I right?
When I was younger my mom would always get me a vanilla chai as a treat when we went Christmas shopping together. It always made me feel special and more “adult” to have a latte of my own and I loved it. I can’t help but think back on those cold winter mornings with her with a hot vanilla chai warming my hands as we braved the crowds.
The best chai I ever had though was on Thanksgiving in 2005. Matt’s grandmother whipped me up and cup and it was soooo good. I’m sure it was a standard tea, but she made it so creamy and rich. That was our first holiday together, and I think it was in that moment that I knew his family was a keeper! The scent of vanilla chai has locked the memory of that night in my mind forever.
I love vanilla chai for the memories it holds and the comfort it encompasses. The spices combine for such a cozy flavor and aroma that you just want to curl up with a good book and a blanket on a snowy day and let the world pass you by. But don’t forget the MUFFINS! These muffins are essential for lazy days!
I was at the store last week and the NEW International Delight Vanilla Chai Tea Latte caught my eye. Did you know that International Delight makes more than coffee creamers? Needless to say, I HAD to grab a carton in the hopes of bringing some of those sweet memories to life again. Since I have such a love for baking, I decided it would be a great replacement for milk in a muffin recipe.
It didn’t disappoint! These muffins are loaded up with spices, brown sugar, and pecans and are the epitome of a nostalgic treat! The Vanilla Chai Latte is baked right into the muffins for extra depth and used in the glaze, how’s that for deliciousness?
Do you love Chai as much as I do? Are you a vanilla person or are you going to be jumping all over the Caramel Chai Latte? You can sign up for the International Delight Newsletter to be the first to hear about new products and receive coupons and special offers right to your inbox! But don’t forget to make these amazing muffins before you sit down to do it and grab a mug or glass of of the International Delight Chai Latte. It’s good hot or cold!
Vanilla Chai Crumble Muffins
- 4 tbsp Unsalted butter room temp
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Vietnamese Cinnamon 2 tsp regular cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp All Spice
- 1/4 tsp Fine Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 2/3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup International Delight Vanilla Chai Tea Latte
- 4 tbsp Butter sliced at room temp
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Pecans
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 3 tbsp International Delight Vanilla Chai Tea Latte
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Line muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, cream butter, oil, and sugars until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time beating in between.
- Add in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, all spice, pepper, salt, and flour.
- Add flour mix to the batter alternating with the International Delight Vanilla Chai Tea Latte and mixing until fully combined.
- Add about 3 tbsp of batter to each liner.
- In a medium bowl, mash together all of the crumble ingredients with a fork until well mixed.
- Sprinkle about a tbsp of crumble on the top of the batter of each muffin.
- Bake muffins for 15-17 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Combine all glaze ingredients together in a medium bowl and whisk until glaze forms.
- Drizzle over muffins.