No Bake Bailey’s Cheesecake Balls have a creamy 4-ingredient Irish cream cheesecake filling that’s then dipped in smooth melted chocolate! The perfect St. Patrick’s Day dessert to enjoy with friends and family!
Enjoy the taste of another dessert that’s also made with Bailey’s Irish Cream such as my Irish Cream Edible Cookie Dough or Irish Cream Milkshake! Both are ready in just 5 to 10 minutes!
Make room on your St. Patrick’s Day menu for these delicious Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheesecake Balls! They’re sweet, creamy, and full of Irish flavor that we all crave when March rolls around!
These bite-sized, no-bake treats are the perfect mid-day snack or after dinner dessert! Making for a yummy way to balance out all the Classic Irish Beef Stew and Corned Beef Hash that gets served up for St. Patrick’s Day!
What I Love About This Recipe!
- No Bake Treat! After you’ve made the classic Corned Beef and Cabbage for dinner the last thing you want to do is bake a dessert!
- Feeds A Crowd! This recipe serves up a little over two dozen bite sized treats! More than enough for everyone to have seconds or even thirds!
- Easy To Make! Simply mix up the filling, roll it into balls, and then dip them in melted chocolate!
- Festive Flavor! Adding Bailey’s Irish Cream to these cheesecake balls is an incredibly easy way to enjoy some festive flavor!
There are just a few, easy store-bought ingredients that are needed to whip up this Bailey’s Cheesecake Balls Recipe. To make a batch you’ll need:
- Cream Cheese – This is the base of the cheesecake filling mixture.
- Shortbread Cookies – My favorite shortbread cookies are Lorna Doone. However, you could also swap the shortbread cookies out for graham crackers or Nilla wafers.
- Powdered Sugar – Sweetens up the cheesecake filling.
- Bailey’s Irish Cream – The star of this no bake treat! Or you could also make your own Homemade Irish Cream!
- Melting Wafers – I used Ghirardelli chocolate melting wafers to give these the perfect smooth chocolate coating.
Once the cheesecake balls have been dipped in chocolate you can dress them up with some festive sprinkles! I grabbed a bottle of nonpareil sprinkles that had different shades of green.
How To Make No Bake Bailey’s Cheesecake Balls
- Pulse the shortbread cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form.
- Add the powdered sugar, Bailey’s and cream cheese into the processor with the cookie crumbs. Pulse until smooth and then place the filling in the fridge to chill.
- Portion out the filling onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper using a medium cookie scoop.
- Freeze the portioned out filling. Then remove them and roll them into balls using your hands before returning them to the freezer to chill again.
- Melt the wafers in the microwave, stirring between each intervals.
- Dip the cheesecake balls in the melted chocolate and then set them onto a clean sheet of parchment paper.
- Top with sprinkles and then allow the chocolate to set. Transfer them back to the refrigerator before enjoying!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Store These Cheesecake Balls?
Place the dessert bites into an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator. Enjoy them for up to 5 days!
Is There A Way To Make This Recipe Without Alcohol?
Yes! Just swap out the liqueur for Baileys Irish Cream Coffee Creamer.
What Should I Do When The Cheesecake Balls Become Soft While Trying To Dip Them?
Just pop them back in the freezer for a few minutes to harden them back up. You may want to just take a few out of the freezer at a time. This way they don’t go soft waiting to be dipped.
How Can I Make The Filling A Bit Thicker?
I’ve found that the texture of these is very creamy, similar to my Buckeye Balls Recipe. However, if you want more of a classic Peanut Butter Balls texture then you’ll want to add an additional 10 ounces of shortbread cookies to the filling.
You could also just cut the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and Bailey’s in half. Doing so will also give the filling a thicker consistency. As well as allowing the balls to be rolled and dipped right away without any chilling.
These Bailey’s Cheesecake Balls have a sweet, festive flavor that makes for a perfect snack on St. Patrick’s Day! Here are more delicious dessert recipes that are also made with Irish Cream!
- Chocolate Irish Cream Cake – Moist, rich cakes that’s topped with a fluffy, pudding-based frosting!
- Irish Cream No Bake Cookies – Everyone’s favorite oat based cookie gets made with Irish Cream!
- Easy Homemade Irish Cream – The perfect addition to your cocktails and favorite cup of coffee!
- Simple Irish Cream French Toast – A sweet start to St. Patrick’s Day that’s ready to devour in just 15 minutes!
- Irish Cream Pie – A no bake treat that’s super easy to make!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
Bailey’s Cheesecake Balls
- 10 ounces shortbread cookies I used Lorna Doone
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- 20 ounces Chocolate Melting Wafers I use Ghirardelli
- Add shortbread cookies to a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form.10 ounces shortbread cookies
- Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Bailey's to the food processor and pulse until smooth.1 cup powdered sugar, 8 ounces cream cheese, ½ cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to portion out the mixture onto a wax or parchment paper-lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake balls from the freezer and gently roll them between your hands to make balls. Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Add the melting wafers to a deep wide-mouthed glass or bowl and melt in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, until melted.20 ounces Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Dip in the melted chocolate and place on a fresh sheet of wax paper or parchment paper. Top with sprinkles, if desired. Allow the chocolate to set and place back in the fridge for 20 minutes or so before enjoying.
- These need to be stored in the refrigerator, the cream cheese balls can get very soft, and chilling will help harden them up as well as keep them safe to eat for days.
- If the cheesecake balls become too soft while dipping, pop them back in the freezer for a few minutes.
- These balls have a very creamy cheesecake texture similar to what you might get with Buckeye Balls. However, you can make them more like peanut butter balls (the kind traditionally made with graham crackers) by adding an additional 10 ounces of shortbread cookies to the mixture OR cutting the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and Bailey’s in half. With a thicker consistency from the cookies, the mixture can be rolled and dipped right away without any chilling.
- Graham crackers or Nilla wafers could be used in place of the shortbread cookies.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Leave A Reply!