Banana Pancakes take mashed ripe bananas and combine them with pantry staple ingredients for a breakfast that’s bursting with the best banana flavor! These cook in just 15 minutes before being covered in your favorite toppings!
Pancakes like these that are loaded with sweet, fruity flavor are our favorite! We also really love Strawberry Pancakes that are covered in strawberry sauce and these light and fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Honey Syrup!
These Banana Pancakes are deliciously thick and dense, think banana bread but then covered in delicious breakfast toppings! I know, sounds mouthwatering and decadent right?! This is certainly an easy breakfast recipe you DON’T want to miss out on!
On weekends I usually stick to my easy Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes! But when I want an easy-to-make pancake that’s loaded with fun new flavor I reach for this recipe!
I just love how the melted butter on top of the pancakes mixes with the warm banana flavor and sweet toppings for a dessert-like taste! When it comes to toppings we get pretty serious! Our favorite way to enjoy these pancakes is by burying them in sliced bananas, strawberries, maple syrup, pecans, and whipped cream!
Banana Pancakes Ingredient Notes
Look no further than this simple Banana Pancake Recipe for an easy way to add some tasty flavor to your breakfast! You just combine pantry staple ingredients with mashed bananas to easily create flavorful tasty pancakes!
To cook up a batch you’ll need: all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, kosher salt, an egg, bananas, whole milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. You’ll want a cup of mashed bananas for this recipe and I find usually 2 medium bananas give me exactly what I need.
Serve these pancakes up with your favorite toppings, maple syrup, whipped cream, or even a drizzle of melted peanut butter!
How To Make Banana Pancakes
- Sift the flour, white sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set it aside.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg, then add in the mashed bananas, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Place the pancake batter in the refrigerator to let rest.
- Scoop the batter onto a heated, lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook until golden brown, then flip the pancakes. Repeat until all of the pancake batter has been used.
Banana Pancakes Frequently Asked Questions
How Many People Will This Recipe Serve?
Depending on the size of your pancakes, this recipe will feed 4 people. Go ahead and double the ingredients if you need a larger batch of pancakes!
What Do I Do If The Batter Is Too Thick?
This pancake batter is actually supposed to be fairly thick and lumpy. If you feel it looks too thick just stir in an additional tablespoon of vegetable oil.
How Do I Know If My Bananas Are Ripe Enough To Use In This Recipe?
I prefer using bananas that are all yellow with a few brown spots. Keep in mind the more brown there is than yellow, the banana will be sweeter and more tender.
These Banana Pancakes are always my go-to when I get in a rut of making plain pancakes over and over again! Check out more fun flavors of pancakes to keep on hand if you find yourself in a breakfast rut like me from time to time!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes – Warm fall flavors with chocolate chips are turned into pancakes for a delicious breakfast option!
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Pancakes – Loaded with caramel, butterscotch, vanilla, and butter flavor!
- Sugar Cookie Pancakes – Thick, fluffy pancakes that are made with sugar cookie creamer and topped with baked sugar cookies, icing, whipped cream, and sprinkles!
- Cream Cheese Pancakes – Dense yet fluffy pancakes that have a decadent flavor the whole family will love!
- Orange Ricotta Pancakes with Cranberry Orange Bourbon Syrup – Bitter-tart syrup with hints of smooth bourbon is poured over fluffy pancakes that are topped with slices of butter and whipped cream!
- Blueberry Pancakes – A classic breakfast favorite stuffed with fresh juicy blueberries!
Banana PancakesPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
This recipe was originally published in May 2013 and was updated in August 2021. New photos, step-by-step instructions, and a retested recipe were added.
- Sift together the flour, white sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg then add in the mashed bananas, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Fold the flour mixture into banana mixture, batter will be slightly lumpy. Place the batter in the fridge for 20 minutes to rest, air bubbles should begin to form on the top, then you'll know it's ready.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-low heat. Scoop the batter onto the griddle using a ¼ cup measuring cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown, then flip.
- Serve with fresh bananas, strawberries, maple syrup, pecans, whipped cream, or anything else you desire.
- The batter should be thick and slightly lumpy.
- If batter seems too thick, you can add an additional tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- 2 ripe bananas should equal about 1 cup mashed.