- Sift together the flour, white sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg then add in the buttermilk, vegetable oil, and mashed banana.
- Fold the flour mixture into banana mixture, batter will be slightly lumpy. Place the batter in the fridge for 20 minutes to rest, air bubbles should begin to form on the top, then you'll know it's ready.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-low heat. Scoop the batter onto the griddle using a ¼ cup measuring cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown, then flip.
- Serve with fresh bananas, strawberries, maple syrup, pecans, whipped cream, or anything else you desire.
- The batter should be thick and slightly lumpy.
- If batter seems too thick, you can add an additional tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- 2 ripe bananas should equal about 1 cup mashed.