This Corona Sunrise Cocktail is a fun and easy drink recipe made right in the bottle with beer, tequila, orange juice, grenadine, and lime juice, and it is perfect for summer! A fun new twist on a classic Tequila Sunrise that’s citrusy and sweet and easy to make!
TikTok recipes are taking the world by storm, and this Corona Sunrise Drink is as refreshing and delicious as it gets! Fruity, strong, and really simple to prepare.
Now, this isn’t exactly a new recipe, but it really started to gain attention this week on TikTok with over 45 million hashtag views, so here we are. Also known as a Mexican Sunrise or a Corona & Tequila, this fun beer cocktail recipe is bound to be a huge hit this summer.
What Makes This Drink So Great!
- Minimal Dishes – If you want, you can pretty much skip any and all dishes to make this recipe. Simply prepare it right in the beer bottle!
- Easy – The beer bottle makes it easy to measure without measuring cups, bar spoons, and more. Although, you can use them if you want to be precise like I did.
- Tasty – If you’re a Corona fan, to begin with, then you’re really going to love this cocktail.
- Corona – This beer is both the base of the drink and the bottle, which is the vessel you’ll concoct it in.
- Tequila – A shot of liquor gives this cocktail a true “sunrise” taste.
- Orange Juice – The citrus and sweetness really help to smooth out the tequila and cover up the strong beer taste.
- Grenadine – For sweetness and color. Try my homemade recipe made with real pomegranate juice.
- Lime Juice – For a bite of fresh zest and
I made these for my husband on Saturday because the weather is starting to get nicer. We LOVED them! Our new summer drink!
How To Make
- Drink or pour out a bottle of Corona down to the top of the label and add tequila.
- Add orange juice halfway up the neck.
- Add a splash of grenadine.
- Squeeze the juice from a lime wedge into the bottle, then plug it with your finger and flip once to mix.
Remember that beer is carbonated and you shouldn’t shake this drink.
Corona Sunrise FAQs
Do I Have To Use Corona Beer?
Well, it is called a Corona Sunrise, but if it’s really not your thing, any pale lager should work.
What Does It Taste Like?
It tastes like a sweeter and fruitier Corona beer. The tequila is pretty much hidden, which means one or two of these drinks will have you feeling like the life of the party.
Can I Make A Large Batch?
Absolutely, just multiply the recipe and prepare it in a punch bowl or pitcher for a crowd.
Corona Sunrise Recipe Variations
- Pineapple – Swap the orange juice out for pineapple juice for a tropical twist.
- Vodka or Rum – Both are delicious alternatives to tequila in this recipe.
- Simple Syrup – Skip the grenadine and opt for a classic simple syrup that will keep the drink orange or try my Raspberry or Strawberry Simple Syrup for a similar color but more flavor.
This quick and easy cocktail is perfect for a hot day, don’t you think!? Looking for more fun summer drink recipes? I have a ton!
- Strawberry Peach Wine Slushies
- Hippie Juice
- Blueberry Bourbon Smash
- Strawberry Mojito
- Hawaiian Mimosa
More Recipes Sugar and Soul
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
- Drink or pour out half of the bottle of Corona down to the top of the label.
- Pour all ingredients into the bottle.
- Plug the top of the bottle with your thumb, and tip upside down to shake all ingredients.
- Squeeze the lime and place in the mouth of the bottle.