This Cranberry Simple Syrup will have any drink exploding with one of this season’s most popular flavors! Before you even finish the first cupful, you’ll already be thinking of mixing up your second!
This Cranberry Simple Syrup brings a sweet but tart drink to your taste buds easily using just 3 ingredients!
Bringing a sweet but tart drink to your taste buds doesn’t get any easier than this 3 ingredient cranberry recipe!
In just 25 minutes you’ll be adding this flavored syrup to all of your beverages! We especially love it in this Christmas Mimosa Punch!
Cranberry Simple Syrup Ingredients
Fresh or frozen cranberries, water and granulated sugar work together to bring you this cranberry syrup! With an ingredients list that short and simple you won’t have any excuse not to make this!
How To Make Cranberry Simple Syrup
Using a small saucepan bring to a boil the cranberries, sugar and water. Once boiling, reduce to a medium heat stirring occasionally.
Let the cranberry juice mixture simmer for 15 minutes until the cranberries soften and burst.
Pour the homemade cranberry syrup through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl. Without pressing down allow it to cool completely, throwing away any leftover cranberry pieces.
If storing this simple syrup in the fridge it will slightly thicken from the pectin in the cranberries. Leave it out at room temperature before serving and it will turn back to liquid, or microwave it for 15 seconds.
I told you it was easy to bring this simple syrup to life!
How To Serve
The main purpose of this syrup is to easily add cranberry flavor to any mixed drink! Serve it up in your favorite cocktails, mocktails, or lemonades, and iced teas. We use it to make our Cranberry Cosmopolitan recipe!
Your kids may even love a splash of it added into their water! This syrup would even be great for mixing up punches for birthdays or holiday parties!
This syrup recipe keeps for two weeks in the refrigerator, giving plenty of time to dream up drink possibilities!
Cranberry Simple SyrupPin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Cranberry Simple Syrup
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Place the cranberries, water, and sugar into a small saucepan. Stir well and bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes, until the cranberries have burst and softened stirring occasionally.
- Pour the syrup through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl. Do not press down, allow to cool completely and discard the leftover cranberry pieces.
- This can also be made with frozen cranberries.
- Once placed in the fridge, the syrup will slightly thicken due to all the pectin in the cranberries. It will turn back to a liquid at room temperature, or you can place it in a microwave-safe glass or bowl and microwave for 15 seconds and stir.
- This syrup recipe keeps for two weeks in the refrigerator, giving plenty of time to dream up drink possibilities!