Kinderpunsch (Kinder Punch) is made with mulling spices and hibiscus tea bags in a combination of fruit juices, apple cider, and water for a warm spiced punch! Prep this family-friendly beverage in just 5 minutes!
Sip on more family-friendly punches like my Sparkling Holiday Punch or Cranberry Apple Cider Punch! Both take only 5 minutes to make from start to finish!
This Kinderpunsch is one the whole family can enjoy throughout the holiday season! A warm glass of this punch is sure to spread Christmas cheer from adults all the way down to kids!
This Kinder Punch recipe was originally a German holiday tradition but is now a popular warming drink at markets all across Europe and enjoyed by both locals and tourists alike! That’s actually where I had my first cup while visiting the German Christmas Market in Heidelberg!
Strolling those cobblestone streets in December while sipping this Kinderpunsch and admiring all of the handcrafted gifts was easily one of my favorite Christmas Traditions! Of course, that was before I had kids of my own! Now nothing can really beat the traditions we’ve made as a family right in our home!
Thankfully, this easy-to-make Kinderpunsch Recipe makes it so I can have the best of both traditions! I just simply boil the ingredients and then toss in the tea bags to steep!
The warm sweetly spiced punch that I’m left with is just as good as being at the Christmas Markets!
This Kinderpunsch Rezept (kinder punch recipe), is a non-alcoholic Christmas punch made with a handful of juices, spices, and tea bags! To make a batch of this warm punch you’ll need:
- Water – Used as the base liquid for the tea and also reduces the overall sweetness of the drink.
- Fruit Juices – Orange juice and cherry juice are used in this recipe. When it comes to cherry juice, I recommend using 100% cherry juice and not cocktail juice.
- Apple Cider – Grab a half gallon from your favorite local apple orchard!
- Mulling Spices – Whole Cloves, cinnamon sticks, allspice berries, and star anise is used to spice up this drink!
- Früchtetee (Fruit Tea) – Traditionally a hibiscus herbal tea, any kind will work great in this recipe! However, I’ve found that the Lipton berry hibiscus (affiliate link) is the easiest to find in stores and very affordable.
When it’s time to serve this punch you can add garnishes to each glass for a fun touch! I like using sliced oranges, cinnamon sticks, and cranberries!
How To Make German Kinderpunsch
- Pour the water, cherry juice, apple cider, and orange juice into a large pot. Add the spices and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and then add in the tea bags to steep.
- Ladle the punch into mugs.
- Garnish with orange slices, cranberries, and spices.
- Add honey or simple syrup to taste if desired.
How To Store Kinderpunsch
Store any leftover punch in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy it for up to 1 week!
How Do I Reheat Leftover Kinder Punch?
You can reheat the leftovers on the stovetop in a small saucepan over low heat. You could also place the punch in the crockpot and put it on low heat. I highly recommend the crockpot method if you’re serving this at a gathering.
Can I Add Alcohol To This Recipe?
Traditional Kinderpunsch is kid-friendly therefore it’s ALWAYS non-alcoholic. So, no I don’t recommend adding alcohol. If you’re looking for an alcoholic Christmas Punch with similar spices I’d suggest trying a glühwein or Mulled Wine Recipe.
Is There A Substitute For Apple Cider?
Yes, you can swap out the apple cider for apple juice! However, it does change the flavor profile slightly.
Can I Add A Sweetener To This Kinderpunsch?
I personally think this punch is sweet enough from the fruit juices. However, if you want it to be sweeter you could certainly add some honey or simple syrup!
Can I Cook This On The Stovetop And Then Transfer It To The Crockpot?
You sure can! Just make sure to place the crockpot on warm and not low heat.
Every memorable holiday party has a signature drink like this Kinderpunsch for guests to sip on all evening long! Here are more great drinks to enjoy at this year’s Christmas Party!
- Christmas Punch – A fruity large batch drink made with orange juice, cranberry juice, pomegranate juice, and lemon-lime soda!
- Easy Homemade Eggnog – Follow the step-by-step guide with photos to make a classic holiday drink!
- Christmas Coffee – Make this easy recipe in your favorite coffee maker and then top it with whipped cream!
- Slow Cooker Wassail Drink – This 5-minute warm holiday drink is perfect for all of your holiday parties!
- Crockpot Hot Chocolate – Thick, rich homemade hot chocolate is perfect for those chilly winter days!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
German Kinderpunsch (Kinder Punch)
- 2½ cups water
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cup cherry juice
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 allspice berries
- 2 star anise
- 6 bags berry hibiscus tea
- honey or simple syrup to taste
- Add water, orange juice, cider, cherry juice, and spices to a large pot and bring to a boil.2½ cups water, 2 cups orange juice, 2 cups apple cider, 2 cup cherry juice, 8 whole cloves, 4 cinnamon sticks, 2 allspice berries, 2 star anise
- Remove from heat and add in the tea bags and steep for 10 minutes.6 bags berry hibiscus tea
- Serve in mugs garnished with orange slices, cranberries, and spices. Add honey or simple syrup to taste.honey or simple syrup
- Any hibiscus tea will work, but the Lipton berry hibiscus is the easiest to find in stores.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week and reheat on the stovetop or crockpot.
- Once prepared, it can be transferred to a crockpot to keep warm for parties.
- Sweetener is optional, personally, I don’t use it because I think it’s sweet enough from the fruit juices, but feel free to add either honey or simple syrup if desired.
- I recommend using 100% cherry juice and not a cocktail juice.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Comments & Reviews
Very easy to make and turned out really amazing! Thank you so much for sharing this kinder punch, it tasted so delicious! highly recommended!
This was SO flavorful and special! We’ll definitely be making it again in the coming months!
I am in LOVE with this recipe! It was super easy to make and everyone loved it, so it’s now a staple for the holidays!