Peppermint Chocolate Pudding Shots is a creamy, seasonal dessert that’s made with only 6 ingredients and perfect for those adult holiday parties! Prep about two dozen shots in just 5 to 10 minutes!
You could really make it a party by also making my Eggnog Pudding Shots With Rum and Pudding Shots!
These Peppermint Mocha Pudding Shots taste similar to the popular seasonal coffee drink everyone looks forward to every year! Except better since there’s pudding and alcohol involved in the same cup as the holiday flavors!
Around this time of year, I take peppermint pretty seriously. If there’s a way to enjoy peppermint I’ll find it! Which is how anything from Mini Peppermint Chocolate Bundt Cakes all the way to Peppermint Chocolate White Russian Cocktails came to be!
So it only felt natural to whip up this dessert drink combo that’ll really bring some joy to this year’s Christmas party!
What I Love About This Recipe!
- Serves A Crowd! Two dozen dessert shots are made using this recipe which is plenty for a crowd to enjoy! But be careful, they go down way too easy!
- Make Them Ahead! You can easily make these a day or two ahead of time to help save time with your party prep!
- Fun Garnishes! Think whipped cream, peppermint chocolate shavings, festive sprinkles, and even crushed candy canes!
- Easy To Make! Simply combine the ingredients, portion it out into shot glasses or condiment cups and chill!
You’ll love how easy this Peppermint Chocolate Pudding Shots Recipe is to make! One of the best parts about this quick treat is the minimal ingredients it takes to whip them up!
It begins with a box of dry chocolate instant pudding mix. From there whole milk gets whisked into it along with coffee extract.
The coffee extract really gives these pudding shots its tasty mocha flavor! With the peppermint schnapps and/or peppermint extract giving them their seasonal flavor that we all love this time of year!
Lastly, some thawed cool whip is added to help give this recipe its creamy, pudding-like texture! Just before enjoying the individual shots, you can top each one with some fun garnishes!
I like to top mine with Homemade Whipped Cream, holiday-themed sprinkles, and some chocolate shavings!
How To Make Peppermint Hot Chocolate Pudding Shots
- Whisk the pudding mix, milk, peppermint schnapps, peppermint extract, and coffee extract together.
- Add in the thawed cool whip then allow the mixture to set.
- Divide the pudding between all of the shot glasses or condiment containers. Then chill them in the refrigerator.
- Top each shot with cool whip, sprinkles, and chocolate shavings before serving!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Can I Store These Peppermint Chocolate Pudding Shots?
I’d recommend enjoying them within a week of making them.
Can I Make This Recipe Using Sugar-Free Pudding?
I’ve personally never tried making pudding shots with sugar-free pudding. However, I think it should work so it may be worth trying!
Is It Possible To Omit The Peppermint Mocha Flavor In This Recipe?
Yes, you can easily omit it if you’re taste buds would prefer that! To do so, leave out the coffee extract and replace it with extra peppermint or even vanilla extract.
Looking to just cut back on the peppermint mocha flavor? Then you could also just do half coffee extract and half peppermint.
How Can I Make These Pudding Shots Thicker?
To make a thicker pudding texture you can simply use a whole tub of cool whip instead of half!
Can I Make This Recipe With A Higher Alcohol Content?
Absolutely! Generally, I make my pudding shots with equal parts milk and alcohol. Since Peppermint schnapps usually doesn’t have a high alcohol content you could do 1/2 cup of vodka and 1/2 cup of peppermint schnapps.
If you decide to make that switch I’d highly recommend adding peppermint extract to help bring out that seasonal flavor.
Why Is The Peppermint Extract Optional In This Recipe?
I left it as optional because you do get some peppermint flavor from the peppermint schnapps.
However, if you want a stronger peppermint flavor then I’d definitely recommend adding in the peppermint extract as well. Especially if you decide to cut the peppermint schnapps back a bit.
Shots like these Peppermint Hot Chocolate Pudding Shots sure help get any holiday party started! Grab another great shot recipe regardless if you prefer Pudding, Jello, or just the traditional kind in a glass!
- Sangria Jello Shots – A classic wine punch turns into a fun party shot that everyone will love!
- Chocolate Cream Pie Shots – This 5 minute recipe is made with Godiva Chocolate Liqueur!
- Champagne Jello Shots – Perfect for New Years Eve and other fun celebrations!
- Jelly Donut Shot – Bring the fun to brunch with this sweet shot that’s made with only 2 ingredients!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
Peppermint Chocolate Pudding Shots
- 1 (3.4 oz.) box instant pudding mix1 dry
- 1 cup whole milk cold
- 1 cup peppermint schnapps2 cold
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract3
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract4 optional
- 8 ounces cool whip5 thawed
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding mix, milk, peppermint schnapps, and extract(s) for 2 minutes.
- Add in the thawed cool whip and whisk until smooth. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Evenly divide the pudding between shot glasses or 1 or 2oz. condiment containers with lids with a small cookie scoop and chill for 30 minutes.
- Top with cool whip or whipped cream, sprinkles, and chocolate shavings before serving if desired.
- This recipe has not been tested with sugar-free pudding or cook and serve pudding.
- Generally, I make my pudding shots with equal parts milk and alcohol. Peppermint schnapps is a liqueur and usually doesn’t have high alcohol content. If you want to make these stronger you could do 1/2 cup vodka and 1/2 cup peppermint schnapps, in which case I highly recommend adding peppermint extract to bring out the flavor.
- The coffee extract gives this recipe a peppermint mocha flavor, however, it can be omitted and replaced with extra peppermint or even vanilla extract. You could also do half coffee liqueur and half peppermint in the recipe.
- The peppermint extract is optional, you will get some peppermint from the schnapps but if you want it stronger, I recommend adding some. If you cut the peppermint schnapps back, then definitely add more extract for flavor.
- For a thicker pudding texture, you can use a half tub of cool whip instead of a full one.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Leave A Reply!