Potato Chip Chicken Tenders are coated in a honey barbecue potato chip bread crumb mixture and fried to golden brown perfection! You can have these hitting the dinner table in just 20 minutes!
Serve these chicken tenders up with my crispy Homemade French Fries (Double Fried) and a side of Refrigerator Bread and Butter Pickles for an easy lunch or weeknight meal that everyone in the family will eat up in no time!
These Potato Chip Chicken Tenders have the perfect flavorful and crunchy coat while still being juicy and tender on the inside! Enjoy them plain, dip them in the 2-ingredient Sriracha Ketchup that’s included with this recipe, or use your own favorite dipping sauce! I love this Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce!
A chicken tender meal is always a safe bet when I want to make something for dinner that won’t generate any complaints from around the table. But these chicken tenders actually even bring in some compliments! Friends and family just can’t get enough of these Potato Chip Coated Chicken Strips, and honestly, I can’t either!
What I Love About This Recipe!
- Mix It Up! I made this recipe using honey barbecue chips, but feel free to mix it up and try making them with your favorite kind of chips! French onion, sour cream and onion, or even kettle chips would all be a delicious variation to try!
- Quick To Make! These chicken tenders hit the table in just 20 minutes! We all need a quick go-to weeknight recipe that makes everyone happy and this is it!
- Crowd Pleaser! Kids love chicken tenders, adults love chicken tenders, EVERYONE loves chicken tenders!
- Easy Meal Or Snack! Make it a weekend snack with various dipping sauces or different chip coatings to try! Or make it a meal and slide it onto the table with an easy side or two!
This Potato Chip Crusted Chicken Recipe is made by putting boneless skinless chicken breast through an easy 4 step process that uses minimal ingredients! First, you’ll coat the cut-up chicken breasts with salt and pepper before dipping them in flour.
Next, coat each of the strips in beaten eggs. For the third step, they get rolled thoroughly in a coating mixture that’s made of panko bread crumbs, honey barbeque chips, salt, and pepper.
The final step is getting fried to crispy, crunchy perfection in vegetable oil! Then all that’s left to do is dip them in a homemade sauce that consists of ketchup and sriracha, enjoy!
Feel free to mix up the flavor by using a different flavor of potato chips. We’ve made these with plain and salt & vinegar chips and loved both, but barbecue is our favorite!
How To Make Potato Chip Chicken Strips
Season cut chicken strips liberally with salt and pepper.
Add the flour to a medium bowl, eggs in another, and panko, potato chip crumbs, salt, and pepper in a third bowl.
Dip each strip in the flour, then in the egg mixture, and roll in the potato chip mixture. Coat completely and then place on a baking sheet.
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the coated chicken strips in the pan until they’re golden brown, flipping them to cook the other side. Then transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate.
Combine ketchup and sriracha in a bowl and serve with the chicken strips.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Store
Store any leftover Potato Chip Chicken Strips in a Ziploc bag or airtight container in the refrigerator. Eat them within 3-4 days!
Can I Bake The Chicken Instead Of Frying It?
You sure can! Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and prepare the chicken according to the recipe instructions. Then place the coated chicken on a wire rack in a baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
If you don’t have a wire rack for baking you can just place the chicken strips on a parchment-lined baking sheet and flip the chicken over halfway through baking.
What Can I Add To This Recipe To Give It A Spicy Kick?
Try adding cayenne pepper to the potato chip crumb mixture. Just add as much or as little as you’d like according to the amount of heat you’re looking for.
These Potato Chip Chicken Strips is a great way to mix up how you serve chicken to your family! Snag another delicious coated chicken recipe to enjoy around the dinner table!
- Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets – Homemade nuggets that are breaded with crushed tortilla chips and rice krispies cereal!
- Air Fryer Nashville Hot Chicken – Delivers tender juicy chicken that has a crunchy coating of spice, cooks in just 12 minutes!
- Nail-Biter Chicken Fingers – Breaded in honey barbecue potato chips and panko breadcrumbs before being pan fried and dipped in sriracha ketchup!
- Cheez-It Chicken Nuggets – Made with moist white meat and Cheez-It Cheddar Grooves that are served with a spicy thai peanut dipping sauce!
- Oven Fried Chicken – Chicken breasts dredged in a spiced breadcumb mixture for a healthier version of everyones favorite comfort food!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
Potato Chip Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts patted dry
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Honey Barbecue potato chips crushed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- vegetable oil
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- Cut chicken breasts into strips approximately ½-inch wide. Season strips liberally with salt and pepper.
- Add the flour to a medium bowl. Add the eggs to another medium bowl. And add the panko, potato chips, salt, and pepper together in another medium bowl.
- Dip each strip in the flour, shake off the excess, dip in the egg wash, and then dip in the potato chip mix, turning to coat completely. Place on a baking sheet until ready to cook.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Once the oil is simmering add some of the chicken strips to the pan, do not overcrowd. Sear without moving until the chicken tenders are golden brown and then flip to cook other side. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Once fingers are done cooking transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Continue cooking the rest of the chicken tenders until they are all done. Be sure to add more oil as needed.
- Combine ketchup and sriracha in and bowl and serve with hot chicken strips.
- Regular barbecue chips could also be used, or feel free to mix it up with plain or salt & vinegar.
- How To Store: Store any leftover Potato Chip Chicken Strips in a Ziploc bag or airtight container in the refrigerator. Eat them within 3-4 days!
- Can I Bake The Chicken Instead Of Frying It? You sure can! Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and prepare the chicken according to the recipe instructions. Then place the coated chicken on a wire rack in a baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. If you don’t have a wire rack for baking you can just place the chicken strips on a parchment-lined baking sheet and flip the chicken over halfway through baking.
- What Can I Add To This Recipe To Give It A Spicy Kick? Try adding cayenne pepper to the potato chip crumb mixture. Just add as much or as little as you’d like according to the amount of heat you’re looking for.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Leave A Reply!