Banana Pudding Poke Cake is an easy-to-make dessert that’s loaded with sweet banana flavor, preps with just 15 minutes of hands-on time! The perfect addition to all of those summertime BBQs!
This Banana Pudding Poke Cake has a boxed cake mix base that’s covered in creamy banana pudding! The chilled dessert is then topped with cool whip, slices of fresh bananas, and crushed vanilla wafers!
Poke cakes are such a fun and simple treat! They’re a very low-fuss recipe yet they seem to always be a guaranteed hit among friends and family!
The recipe calls for minimal ingredients and just 25 minutes of cooking time! With a dozen servings, your loved ones can eat until their hearts are content!
Four delicious layers come together to complete this Banana Pudding Poke Cake Recipe! First the moist cake, then the creamy pudding that’s followed by the fluffy whipped topping, and then finished off with toppings!
To make this quick and easy cake recipe you’ll need:
- Yellow Cake – Grab a yellow cake mix and combine it with water, vegetable oil, and eggs.
- Pudding – Mix instant banana pudding with cold whole milk to create this creamy layer!
- Whipped Topping – I like using cool whip for convenience but you could also make Homemade Whipped Cream!
- Toppings – Crushed vanilla wafer cookies and sliced bananas complete this yummy dessert!
How To Make Banana Poke Cake
- Combine the yellow cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs in a large bowl. Then pour this cake batter into a prepared baking pan.
- Bake the cake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool.
- Poke holes over the entire cake and then set it aside.
- Whisk together the pudding mix and milk. Afterward, spread the pudding over the cake.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Spread the whipped topping over the layer of pudding. Top the Banana Cream Cake with crushed vanilla wafers and sliced bananas.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Store This Banana Pudding Cake
Keep the cake stored in the refrigerator and enjoy it within 3 to 4 days.
What Other Flavor Of Pudding Should I Use If I Can’t Find Banana?
You can just use vanilla pudding. Then I’d suggest adding a layer of sliced bananas directly onto the cake before topping it with the whipped cream.
This way there’s still plenty of banana flavor in the dessert!
Is There A Way To Ensure The Wafers Don’t Get Soggy Before Enjoying This Dessert?
To be sure the vanilla wafers are still crunchy when you enjoy the dessert I’d recommend adding them on right before serving.
Can I Use A Banana Cake Mix In This Recipe?
I’ve never tried using a banana cake mix in this recipe but I think it’s certainly worth a try! The more banana flavor the better!
This Banana Poke Cake is such a fun and completely delicious dessert that will impress everyone lucky enough to snag a slice! Here are more delicious poke cake recipes to try!
- Easy Rainbow Jello Poke Cake – A fun, light dessert that’s filled with vibrant colors!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake – This decadent sheet cake recipe preps in only 30 minutes!
- Coconut Poke Cake – Spring into better weather prepared with this adapted boxed cake mix recipe!
- Easy Oreo Poke Cake – Packed full of everyone’s favorite store-bought cookie!
- Caramel Carrot Cake Poke Cake – Sweet carrot cake covered in fluffy frosting, caramel sauce, and chopped pecans!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
Banana Poke Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a 9×13-inch baking pan with a light coating of cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined.1 (15oz.) box yellow cake mix, 1 cup water, ½ cup vegetable oil, 3 large eggs
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool, then using the handle of a wooden spoon poke holes over each inch of the cake. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk.2 (3.4 oz.) boxes instant banana pudding, 2 cups cold whole milk
- Spread pudding over cake, pushing over poked holes.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Spread the whipped topping over the pudding layer.8 ounces whipped topping
- Top with crushed vanilla wafer cookies and sliced bananas, if desired.2 cups crushed vanilla wafer cookies, Sliced bananas