This Spiked Coconut Vanilla Steamer is one of the coziest winter cocktails you’ll ever have!
It’s been snowing here the last few days and I continuously find myself shivering because we still haven’t reprogrammed our thermostat to account for me being home during the day. I’m usually so consumed in my work that I forget to turn the heat up until my blue lips remind me… okay, I’m being a little extreme, it doesn’t get below 60 degrees.
But it’s still cold and the howling wind doesn’t help things, but winter cocktails sure do! This one, in particular, has all kinds of warmth to it from the vanilla bean simmered in frothy hot milk laced with coconut to the spiced rum it’s spiked with! And I just love using my new frother, this thing is only $6.99 and it’s awesome!
Seriously, though, you won’t be sure if you’re snuggled up by the fire or if you’re soaking up the sun in the Caribbean. Okay, well, one of those is a litter more likely and in all reality, if you’re like me, you’re probably huddled over the furnace vent with a blanket wrapped over you. Either way, I think you will thoroughly enjoy this cocktail!
- 3 oz. Spiced rum
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 vanilla bean
- Toasted coconut for garnish
- You will also need a frother.
- Add 1 1/2 ounces of spiced rum to each of two mugs.
- Add milk, coconut milk, and coconut extract to a small pot.
- Slice vanilla bean lengthwise, scrape the paste out of the bean and add both paste and bean to the milk, bring to a simmer over medium heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and remove the vanilla bean.
- Use a frother to froth the milk for 1 minute, evenly pour milk mixture into the mugs, holding back the foam with a spoon and then spoofing it onto the top of the liquid.
- Garnish with toasted coconut and serve immediately.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
You might also enjoy:
Black Cherry Bourbon Hot Chocolate
Share your thoughts!
Love this recipe? Share your thoughts with me below and leave a review! And don’t forget to connect on your favorite social platform below!
Comments & Reviews
Rebecca Hubbell says
Yes, cups! Thanks for pointing that error out, I just fixed it!
Sandra Baker says
In your recipe, I am assuming that you mean
cups, for milk, right? It just about has to be, but
as with any new recipe, you always want to be
(1 1/2 whole milk)
The recipe sounds amazing!!! Can’t wait to try it
especially as Captain Morgan is my fav!
Thanks so much!