Eggnog Pudding Shots are a deliciously creamy, boozy treat that has minimal ingredients but all the flavor. They are quick to whip up and even quicker to disappear, these are the perfect holiday treat for your gatherings!
Eggnog is great on its own, but when you mix in pudding, alcohol, and whipped topping you have something dangerously delicious.
These Eggnog Pudding Shots are one of those quick and easy recipes that we always like to whip up for the holidays, especially for the drinkers in the family.
Not only are they fun, but they’re also a good talking piece as well. They’re served in shot glasses and perfect for parties!
I love quick and easy recipes and these Eggnog Pudding Shots are just that, they are done from start to finish in 40 minutes! Now that is a recipe I can handle, plus you can make as many as you like, because trust me, these go down fast.
INGREDIENTS FOR PUDDING SHOTS
With only four ingredients in this recipe, and ones that are easily available at your grocer and liquor store you won’t have a hard time with this.
The four main components of these include:
- Vanilla Pudding – the creamy base that helps hold all of the ingredients together. Make sure you use instant pudding and not cook and serve!
- Eggnog – Just like any other pudding recipe you want a cold liquid to give it some extra flavor.
- Spiced Rum – Cold spiced rum is added to give it the spiked eggnog flavor and that added zip of alcohol.
- Whipped Topping – This brings all those ingredients together to make it smooth and creamy and absolutely the perfect texture.
HOW TO MAKE EGGNOG PUDDING SHOTS
1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the instant pudding mix, eggnog, and rum for 2 minutes.
2. Add in the thawed cool whip and whisk until smooth. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Honestly, how much easier can you get with this Eggnog Pudding Shot Recipe? This is why we love making them, the ease and time that it takes, so pudding shots and jello shots have become a staple when we host parties and get together.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes, you can! These can be made up to a week in advance and stored in these condiment cups and then placed in the refrigerator.
Can these be frozen?
Yes, you can absolutely freeze these, just do not fill the condiment cups all the way to the top as they will need room to expand. Make the recipe as directed and place it in the freezer and they should last for up to 2 months.
Do I have to use vanilla pudding?
No, you can use any pudding that you like, we also like to use cheesecake pudding for these. Chocolate, french vanilla, and white chocolate would also be great substitutes.
HOW TO SERVE
These Pudding Shots are great on their own but some optional garnishes could include:
- Dash of cinnamon
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- Swirl of whipped cream
- Half a cinnamon stick
However, you want to decorate these or not is always a good personal choice and a great way to make them your own.
OTHER SHOT RECIPES:
- Chocolate Cream Pie Shots – Tasting just like the pie mixed with chocolate liqueur and vodka.
- Jelly Donut Shots – Made with Chambord and Rumchata these taste just like the delicious breakfast treat.
- Sangria Jello Shots – With delicious fruit, wine, and juices this is the perfect shot for any fruit lover.
- Champagne Jello Shots – Just like the name says made with champagne these are perfect for a NYE party.
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
Eggnog Pudding Shots
- 1 (3.4 oz.) box instant vanilla pudding mix dry
- 1¼ cup eggnog cold
- ¾ cup spiced rum cold
- 4 ounces cool whip thawed (approximately half of a regular size container)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding mix, eggnog, and rum for 2 minutes.1 (3.4 oz.) box instant vanilla pudding mix, 1¼ cup eggnog, ¾ cup spiced rum
- Add in the thawed cool whip and whisk until smooth. Let set for 5 minutes.4 ounces cool whip
- Evenly divide the pudding between 1oz. shot glasses (pixtured) or 2oz. condiment containers with lids with a medium cookie scoop and chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- For a lighter mousse-like texture, you can use a full tub of cool whip instead of half.
- This recipe has not been tested with sugar-free pudding.
- This recipe makes 28 1oz. shots.