Frozen Hot Chocolate is loaded with the rich chocolaty flavor you love about hot cocoa but in frozen form making it the perfect Summer treat! This quickly comes together in just 5 minutes using only 5 ingredients!
For more delicious frozen drinks to enjoy all Summer long try my Best Strawberry Daiquiri made with fresh strawberries or fun Frozen Champagne Margaritas!
This Frozen Hot Chocolate is the summertime icy version of everyone’s favorite winter drink! Cool down on those steaming hot summer days by sipping on this creamy, rich chocolaty frozen drink!
I promise you, this Frozen Hot Chocolate will even have you looking forward to those hot summer days! Simply add the 5 ingredients along with ice to your blender and within 5 minutes you’ll have chocolaty slushy goodness that gives the Dunkin Donuts version some serious competition!
I tend to take Hot Chocolate pretty seriously! Meaning, I won’t stop until the recipe is perfected to rich, thick, creamy goodness!
From this Frozen Hot Chocolate to starting your day with Hot Chocolate Coffee, to warm creamy Crockpot Hot Chocolate, a boozy Kahlua Hot Chocolate, to even Hot Chocolate Bombs. I basically have a hot chocolate recipe for every mood or occasion!
For this easy recipe, all you need to do is blend together the ingredients! You’ll need heavy cream, hot cocoa mix, chocolate syrup, powdered sugar, whole milk, and ice.
Once it’s blended together you just pour it into chilled glasses! Then top each drink with Perfect Homemade Whipped Cream, a drizzle of chocolate syrup, and then sprinkle with chocolate curls or chocolate chips!
If you have a favorite homemade hot chocolate powder recipe feel free to use that instead of a prepackaged hot cocoa mix! Just be sure it has enough cocoa powder in it to make these drinks perfectly chocolaty!
How To Make Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Add milk, cream, hot chocolate mix, chocolate syrup, powdered sugar, and ice cubes to a large blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour the hot chocolate mixture into glasses and top with whipped cream! Serve with a straw!
How Many Frozen Drinks Does This Recipe Make?
This Frozen Hot Chocolate recipe makes four delicious drinks! If you need more than four just simply repeat the ingredients and instructions!
- Milk and Cream – You can swap this out and use Half & half instead. I do find using the milk and cream adds extra creaminess though!
- Milk and Chocolate Syrup – Instead of using both a cup of milk and chocolate syrup, you could use just chocolate milk.
- Powdered Sugar – This can be substituted out for granulated sugar. I prefer using powdered sugar since it mixes better.
Can I Use Mint Hot Cocoa Mix?
Yes, that would be a delicious variation! Land O Lakes has a really great mint hot cocoa mix that I recommend trying! I even used it in my Mint Hot Cocoa Bombs!
Finish off your minty frozen hot chocolate with crushed Andes mints!
How Can I Make A Boozy Version Of This Frozen Hot Chocolate?
You can add 1/4 to 3/4 cup of baileys or your favorite chocolate liqueur into this recipe. It may require more ice and will likely yield an extra drink!
Sip on this Frozen Hot Chocolate all Summer long! Then when the cooler air comes back around grab one of my popular hot chocolate recipes to warm up with!
- Nutella Hot Chocolate – Your favorite chocolate hazelnut spread gets turned into a creamy, rich hot drink!
- Creamy Mexican Hot Chocolate – This thick hot chocolate recipe calls for chili powder to kick up the heat!
- Homemade French Hot Chocolate – Made using only 4 ingredients then topped with Homemade Marshmallows and the Perfect Homemade Whipped Cream!
- Boozy or Not White Hot Chocolate – Vanilla vodka turns this easy-to-make white hot chocolate deliciously boozy!
- Mint Hot Chocolate Bombs – Rich, creamy hot cocoa bombs that have a sweet hint of mint!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup hot chocolate powder mix
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 5 cups ice
- Whipped cream for topping
- Chocolate syrup for topping
- sprinkles for topping
- Add the milk, heavy cream, hot chocolate powder mix, chocolate syrup, and powdered sugar to a blender with ice and pulse until smooth. Add additional ice as needed to reach desired thickness.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and sprinkles. Serve with a straw.
- Half & half could be used in place of milk and cream. Using a blend of the two as opposed to just milk adds extra creaminess to the drink. I make hot chocolate with heavy cream so this seems like a natural choice for this recipe as well.
- Chocolate milk could be used in place of the milk and chocolate syrup.
- Regular granulated sugar could be used in place of powdered sugar but I find powdered mixes better.
- You can add 1/4 to 3/4 cup of baileys or your favorite chocolate liqueur into this recipe. It may require more ice and will likely yield an extra drink!
- You can use different flavors of hot cocoa mix to change the flavor of the drink! Try mint, caramel, and more!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Comments & Reviews
It tastes amazing!
Just the chocolate treat this stressed out Mom of a preteen boy needed! Yum!
Rebecca Hubbell says
I’m so glad you enjoyed it!