This Hashbrown Casserole will be an instant hit with the family! Made with hashbrown potatoes, cheddar and Colby Jack cheeses, cream of chicken soup, and a whole lot of butter. This gooey breakfast or side dish will have everyone begging for more!
If you’re a breakfast or brunch fan, listen up: this rich and melty Hashbrown Casserole needs to be on the menu this weekend!
There’s no better way to enjoy a lazy weekend morning than with a banquet of breakfast favorites, and this Hashbrown Casserole is like comfort food in a pan!
This hearty casserole is filled with cheddar and Colby Jack cheeses, cream of chicken soup, butter, salt and pepper, yellow onions, and crispy hash brown potatoes.
JUST TAKE ME TO THE HASHBROWN CASSEROLE RECIPE ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy Best Ever HASHBROWN CASSEROLE Recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
How To Make Hashbrown Casserole:
I’m guessing a lot of you have has this dish at Cracker Barrel and you’ve found it just as addictive as I have. Well, it’s super easy to make right at home and enjoy as a side dish for breakfast or dinner!
To make this copycat Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole recipe, you simply mix the base ingredients together, pour it all into a greased oven-safe casserole dish, top with more cheese, and bake! Yep, that easy!
For a little more flavor, I like to caramelize the onions with butter in a frying pan before adding them to the pan. But if you want to skip this extra step, you can keep it simple and just toss the diced onions right in!
Another option is to sprinkle crushed cornflakes on top of the casserole just before you put it in the oven. This adds a crispy layer that gives a satisfying crunch.
You may be surprised to see condensed cream of chicken soup on the ingredient list, but it ties the whole casserole together and makes it extra gooey (it’s even better when you use my homemade version!).
While traditional hashbrowns and home fries are delicious on their own, the melted cheese and creamy soup in this version add mouthwatering texture, flavor, and richness to a traditional dish.
Enjoy Hashbrown Casserole on its own or as a side dish with a big brunch. Personally, I think the savory flavors of the casserole taste amazing when served alongside sweeter foods like pancakes or waffles… and let’s not forget the bacon and sausage!
But, this is also a popular dish for the Thanksgiving menu as well, sometimes you just gotta have those salty and cheesy potatoes on the table.
If you love breakfast foods or you’re just a sucker for potatoes in all forms, this easy Hashbrown Casserole is a simple recipe that will get rave reviews from the entire family!
Pin this Hashbrown Casserole Recipe for Later!
More Delicious Recipes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, cheddar, chicken soup, butter, onion, salt, and pepper until evenly combined. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Top with the Colby Jack cheese and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with chives or parsley and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- I personally like to take the extra step and soften my onions with a little butter in a frying pan before adding them to the mixture, but it's not necessary if you want to keep things easy.
- If you want to add a little crunch, I recommend adding crushed corn flakes to the top of the casserole just before baking.