This Chocolate Mojito is everything you love about the classic rum and lime cocktail but with a sweet little twist!
There’s something so refreshing about a Mojito. The combination of mint, lime, and rum just screams summer, don’t you think? But let’s kick this traditional cocktail up a notch with some chocolate, yup, you heard me right, CHOCOLATE! When I was at Home Depot today picking up things for the house, I spotted some Chocolate Mint. Now I don’t know about you, but I had never heard of a Chocolate Mint plant, but I knew I had to have it. I knew I needed to create something magical with my new discovery, so here you have it, the Chocolate Mojito! You know you want one!
The addition of chocolate to this classic made for quite a flavor pop! The lime and chocolate twist together for a fun profile finished off with the smoothest hint of mint. It’s perfect for those summer evenings on the back deck or afternoons by the pool. It goes down easy and is perfect for sipping, so just sit back and relax and enjoy what’s sure to be your new favorite summertime cocktail!
- 2 Sugar Cubes
- 1 tbsp Chocolate Extract
- 1 oz. Rum
- 1 Lime
- 4 oz. Club Soda
- Fresh Chocolate Mint Leaves
- 1/2 - 1 cup Crushed Ice
- Coarse Sugar
- Chocolate Shavings
- Wet lid of glass and garnish with coarse sugar.
- Add sugar cubes and chocolate extract to glass and crush the sugar cubes.
- Take a sprig of chocolate mint leaves in one hand and slap it with the other to release flavor. Pick off the leaves and add it to the glass.
- Slice lime in half and then slice one half into 4 wedges, squeeze the juice of 2 of the wedges into the glass and then drop them in.
- Add rum.
- Add Ice until just below the rim of the glass.
- Use a spoon to mix up what's in the glass.
- Top off with club soda.
- Add lime wedge and straw to the glass.
- Shave some chocolate onto the drink for garnish.
- Slap another sprig of chocolate mint between your hands and then slide it in right next to the straw, this way when you sip you'll smell the mint for the full experience!