Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail is the perfect Fall sipper that’s overflowing with the delicious cozy flavors of fall! An easy-to-make small batch cocktail recipe that whips up 3 drinks!
Sip on another apple cider drink that’s mixed with alcohol! My Caramel Apple Cider Mimosas and Apple Cider Mojito are both crowd-pleasing options you’ll enjoy as much as this cocktail!
Get yourself in the mood for Fall with this flavorful Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail! Even though it’s made with simple ingredients you’re sure to get tons of positive feedback from friends and family!
Your favorite bourbon mixes with spiced cider that’s made right on your stovetop! Allowing you to not only taste the flavor of the fall season but it will also fill your home with a wonderful aroma!
The spiced cider can even be stored in the fridge for up to a week! Allowing you to make this Cinnamon Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail in minutes whenever the craving hits!
Apple Cider – The Star Ingredient!
If you’ve never had apple cider, it’s essentially unfiltered apple juice. However, it’s a bit more tart in flavor while also being less sweet than juice.
Apple cider is definitely the best choice for this Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail! Its tart, lightly sweet flavor matches well with the brown sugar, sweetening it up to the perfect flavor.
If you can’t get your hands on a jug of cider you can replace it with apple juice. If you have to take that route, you’ll want to reduce or even eliminate the brown sugar.
Tips For Making The Best Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail
- As mentioned before, apple cider will yield a better cocktail! So, plan to grab a jug from your local orchard on your annual family apple picking day!
- Be sure to allow the cider, brown sugar, orange zest, and spices to simmer in a small saucepan! This will reduce the mixture while also creating a stronger flavored spiced cider.
- Choose a good bourbon! I’d suggest Longbranch Bourbon since it has notes of caramel, cinnamon, and vanilla in it. Or feel free to try this recipe with what you have on hand!
- To easily coat the rim of the coupe glasses, first dip them in a bit of spiced cider. Then into the brown sugar and ground cinnamon mixture.
- Don’t skip the Pinterest-worthy garnishes for this Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail! The thin slices of apple, cinnamon sticks, and rosemary truly make this cocktail one to remember!
Another nicely garnished drink is my Mulled Wine! Since it’s made with whole spices, it’s also a great recipe to enjoy with the changing of the seasons!
If you need a non-alcoholic option that’s still tasty and garnished well, I have you covered! My Slow Cooker Mulled Apple Cider and Kinder Punch are both bursting with the flavors of Fall!
But if bourbon is your liqueur of choice, you may just want to stick with a Blueberry Bourbon Whiskey Smash Cocktail or a Bourbon Whiskey Sour!
Can This Recipe Be Made Into A Large Batch?
Yes, you can double this Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail recipe and serve it out of a pitcher or punch bowl. Doubling the recipe will yield 6 drinks and make this a great cocktail to serve for Thanksgiving!
If you’re looking for a larger amount you may want to consider tripling the recipe!
Is There A Substitution For Cinnamon Sticks?
Not really since ground cinnamon would change the drink and become overwhelming. You can omit it, but I will say that the cinnamon stick dresses the drink up wonderfully! So, if you can get your hands on some I’d recommend grabbing them! If you do need to use ground cinnamon in the cider, I would probably skip it on the rim.
What Can I Use If I Don’t Have A Cocktail Shaker?
A cocktail shaker can easily be replaced by a mason jar with a lid, blender bottle, or protein shaker.
What Bourbon Should I Use?
You can use your favorite, but we do prefer Elijah Craig Barrel Proof or Michter’s US 1. Maker’s Mark is a good budget-friendly choice. We also like Jim Beam Black Label which we use in our Blueberry Bourbon Smash recipe.
Can I Make This A Hot Apple Cider Cocktail?
I haven’t tried this Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail recipe as a warm cocktail, but I don’t see why you couldn’t try it! Once the spiced cider cools down a bit from simmering just run it through a fine mesh strainer (affiliate link) and skip allowing it to cool. Then add in the bourbon and lemon juice. Serve and enjoy!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar packed
- 1 orange zested
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup ice
- 4 ounces bourbon
- ¼ cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- apple slices for garnish
- cinnamon sticks for garnish
- rosemary for garnish
- Add apple cider, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, orange zest, cinnamon sticks, and allspice to a pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.2 cups apple cider, 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, 1 orange, 4 cinnamon sticks, 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- Remove the pot from heat and strain the liquid through a fine mesh sieve into a heat-safe jar. Allow it to cool to room temperature for about 1 hour.
- Add ice to a shaker, then add the spiced cider, bourbon, and lemon juice. Close the shaker lid and shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds. Set aside.1 cup ice, 4 ounces bourbon, ¼ cup lemon juice
- On a plate, mix the remainder of the brown sugar with the ground cinnamon. Rim a glass with a bit of the spiced cider, then dip the rim in the cinnamon sugar mixture.2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Pour the apple cider bourbon cocktail into the rimmed glasses. Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks and serve immediately.apple slices, cinnamon sticks, rosemary
- The spiced cider can be made in advance. Store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Don’t add the lemon juice and bourbon until ready to serve.
- This recipe specifically calls for apple cider. Apple cider is essentially unfiltered apple juice. It’s a bit more tart in flavor and also less sweet. While apple cider is ideal, if necessary, you can substitute it for apple juice in a pinch. You may want to reduce or eliminate the brown sugar if substituting it with apple juice.
- Ground cinnamon can be substituted for cinnamon sticks if necessary. Use ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon to substitute for each cinnamon stick.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Leave A Reply!