Christmas Punch is an easy and delicious holiday party drink packed with fruits like cranberries, oranges, and pomegranates. Keep it non-alcoholic or add rum or vodka for extra holiday spirit!
Whether you’re cuddled up watching Hallmark movies with the kids or dancing to the Ultimate Christmas Party Playlist, make sure to have this punch in hand!
What Is Christmas Punch?
Christmas Punch is an absolute must for the holiday season! This has been my go-to recipe for more than 5 years and was adapted from my mother’s own recipe. It’s a delicious blend of fruit juices and soda that can be served with or without alcohol.
This large batch cocktail or mocktail is perfect for serving at Christmas parties and very easy to make! No skills required, I promise!
Garnishes like fresh cranberries, pomegranates, and orange slices really make this drink festive and the addition of vodka or rum will add tons of extra holiday joy!
When I was growing up, the Christmas menu was always changing, some years it was Turkey, some it was Ham, some it was lamb, and the occasional pizza, and these days it’s usually all of the above because my family is filled with picky eaters.
But even when the food was getting changed up, my mom always made a Christmas Punch recipe. Sure, that too changed over the years, but regardless of the ingredients, there was always punch.
Oh, and there were always Cranberry Orange Meatballs too because wars would have broken out if those weren’t there!
My mom always used the same base: cranberry juice, orange juice, and ginger ale. And I’ve added pomegranate juice to the mix and swapped the ginger ale for lemon-lime soda, I prefer Sierra Mist. I’ve also added pineapple juice from time to time when I want it a little sweeter.
How To Make Christmas Punch!
Step 1: You can mix everything except for the soda and ice cubes ahead of time. Add the soda and ice just before serving so it doesn’t start to go flat. For best results, make sure the ingredients are cold when you mix them together so the ice lasts longer and doesn’t water down the punch.
Step 2: Add pomegranate seeds, orange slices, cranberries, and a sprig or two of rosemary to garnish (for sophistication, of course). Oh and some extra holiday spirit by way of rum or vodka and you’re in for a truly festive holiday punch.
Pro Tip: Fon an extra fun garnish, freeze orange slices, fresh cranberries, and water in a silicone bundt pan to make an ice ring!
How To Make Non-Alcoholic Christmas Punch:
Simply leave out the alcohol and add some additional lemon-lime soda. It will still taste amazing and this way the whole family can enjoy it!
How To Make Vodka or Rum Christmas Punch:
My family likes to leave the bottles of vodka and rum next to the punch bowl so that we can make individual cups of the punch alcoholic really easily if we want to. Or if it’s an adults-only party, add the alcohol in with the rest of the punch ingredients!
If you’re spending the holidays away from home, you should still make a big batch of this punch. Much like my Thanksgiving Punch and Sparkling Wine Christmas Sangria, punch flavors get better with time. So by day three of sitting in the fridge and stealing glasses each night, those last few cups should be pretty awesome!
I just love how easy punch recipes are to make, they require less technique than a crafted cocktail, but they’ll still impress a room full of guests and are super tasty.
Tools you might need for this punch!
- A punch bowl, large pitcher, or another drink dispenser for serving!
- The kids will love it is you have some fun paper straws for sipping!
- Pretty punch glasses or easy disposable cups!
More Delicious Drink Recipes!
- Champagne Shirley Temple – A fun alcoholic twist on the classic drink recipe!
- Cranberry Mojito Punch – This punch is always a hit at parties!
- Cranberry Cooler – This recipe doesn’t contain alcohol and is great for kids!
- Crock Pot Ginger Rum Apple Cider – Very hands-off and easy to make.
- French Hot Chocolate – This drink is thick and rich and begging for a Hallmark movie night!
- Coquito Cocktail (Coconut Nog) – This is a great alternative to eggnog!
- Strawberry Champagne Punch – This one is fruity and easy to make!
- Cranberry Orange Mimosa – The perfect drink for a holiday brunch!
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
This post was originally published in December 2016 and was updated in November 2019 for content.
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Christmas Punch (Alcoholic or Not)
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher or punch bowl over ice. If using a really large punch bowl, you can double the recipe.
- This punch can be made ahead of time, but don’t add the ice or soda until just before serving so as not to dilute or lose its fizz.
- You can sub the lemon-lime soda for ginger ale.
- You can add lemon and limes slices as well.
- Keep alcohol on the side for guests to add their own and keep the punch itself kid-friendly.
- I like white rum, spiced rum, whiskey, and vodka with this recipe.