This Fish Bowl Drink is a fruity party cocktail that’s served in a fishbowl and made with 4 different kinds of alcohol!
This particular recipe is made as two individual fish bowl drinks, but you can easily multiply the recipe to serve at a party in a larger bowl.
For the perfect Shark Week cocktail, you could even add some shark gummies to the mix!
What’s A Fish Bowl Drink?
This fun and colorful party drink is loaded with alcohol and similar to jungle juice in that is has a large blend of ingredients. Made popular by the Bourbon Street restaurant, Fais Deaux Deaux in New Orleans.
Fish Bowl Drink Ingredients
- Coconut Rum
- Sweet and Sour Mix
- Blue Curaçao
- Peach Schnapps
- Pineapple Juice
- Club Soda (lemon-lime soda or seltzer may also be used)
- Swedish Fish
- Lemon Slice
- Lime Slice
- Maraschino Cherry
- Pineapple Wedge
- Nerds Candy (optional)
How To Make A Fish Bowl Drink
- Fill a cocktail shaker about half full of ice.
- Add the rum, vodka, sour mix, pineapple juice, curaçao, and schnapps to the shaker.
- Shake for 20 seconds.
- Add ice and Swedish fish to two individual bowls. Arrange them so the ice holds the fish against the bowl for presentation. If you want to get really creative, divide the Nerds candy between the bottom of the bowls.
- Strain the contents of the cocktail shaker evenly into the bowls.
- Top with club soda and garnish with fruit.
You have a few different options for how to serve this fun party drink.
What To Serve A Fish Bowl Cocktail In
- Traditional Fish Bowl: This is how the drink is normally served up: huge bowl with a bunch of straws and everybody shares.
- Individual Fish Bowl: Sharing with a bunch of friends, not your style? It’s not mine either, so I recommend grabbing some individual fish bowls. I get mine at Dollar Tree in the vase aisle.
- Plastic Fish Bowl: These are great for pool days because they won’t break AND they come with a lid and built-in straw hole.
- Classic Punch Bowl: Don’t want to share but want to mix up a big batch for a party? Serve it in a traditional punch bowl with a ladle and keep ice and Swedish fish on the side for guests to add their own!
More Delicious Party Drinks!
- Rum Punch – A fruity classic!
- Christmas Punch – The holidays wouldn’t be the same without it!
- Champagne Punch – Great for bridal showers!
- Halloween Punch – Fun for kids and easy to make!
- Jello Shots – Always a hit at parties!
Fish Bowl DrinkPin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can ask questions and see what’s new with Sugar & Soul! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #sugarandsoulco so I can see all the wonderful recipes YOU make from this site! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Fish Bowl Drink
- Combine the rum, vodka, sour mix, curaçao, schnapps, and pineapple juice in a shaker with ice. Shake for 20 seconds.
- Add ice and Swedish fish to two individual fish bowls.
- Strain the contents of the cocktail shaker evenly into the bowls. Top with club soda. Garnish with fruit.
- For a large punch bowl, multiply the ingredients by 5 to serve 10 people.
- You can add tequila as well, if you’d like.