This Hot Girl Summer Salad is made with cucumbers, green pepper, red onion, eggs, Italian dressing, and more for a quick, easy, and refreshing lunch or snack!
This salad recipe from creator @herdresscode has taken TikTok by storm with millions of views! It’s a crunchy, tasty, and simple vegetarian salad that could be served as a side dish or as a meal all on its own!
Hot Girl Summer Salad is a filling and easy to make recipe that’s perfect for working into meal plans and more! The recipe was developed by Jayria in an attempt to slim down for summer and she claims it’s what helped her lose and keep off 20lbs. With all the attention it’s getting, I figured it was worth making and trying for myself.
It’s definitely a healthy and flavorful meal idea, and I could see enjoying it for lunches daily. I didn’t see anywhere in the video where a full recipe was shared so I took what I could see and developed from there to create a desirable ratio and flavor balance.
The heart of this summer salad is made with cucumbers, green bell peppers, red onion, and hard boiled eggs. Originally, it uses green bell pepper, but really any bell pepper variety will do. However, I think that using a common American slicing cucumber is the best option for this cucumber salad recipe.
Add-ins like sunflower kernels and pepperoncini peppers give it flavor and crunch.
While the dressing is a mix of Zesty Italian Dressing, paprika, garlic powder, and ground black pepper. You could also just use oil and vinegar or your favorite vinaigrette dressing.
How To Make Hot Girl Summer Salad
Preparing this salad is really simple. Begin by chopping your vegetables and hard boiled eggs. Then add them to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and toss to combine.
You can purchase hard boiled eggs at the grocery store or prepare them in advance. Traditional boiling is great but I also love this crockpot method for large batches!
How To Store
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I Have To Peel The Cucumbers?
No, you don’t, but I think that the overall texture is more pleasant if you do.
What Other Kinds Of Dressing Could Be Used?
Try a classic olive oil and vinegar mix or a balsamic dressing. A lemon vinaigrette would be divine in this recipe. Just avoid creamy dressings to maintain that “fresh” flavor and reduce calories.
Do I Have To Add Sunflower Kernels?
Personally, I found them to be the least exciting component of the recipe and definitely think you could omit them without it impacting the overall recipe too much.
More Popular TikTok Recipes
More Recipes from Sugar and Soul
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
Hot Girl Summer Salad
- Chop the cucumbers, bell peppers, onion, and eggs and add to a large bowl.2 cucumbers, 2 green bell peppers, ½ red onion, 4 hard boiled eggs
- Add the dressing, pepperoncini peppers, sunflower kernels, garlic powder, paprika, and ground black pepper and toss until evenly combined.¾ cup zesty Italian dressing, ½ cup sliced pepperoncini peppers, ¼ cup roasted sunflower kernels, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon paprika, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Feel free to use different colored bell peppers.
- You can reduce the amount of dressing if desired or choose a different flavor, I just found that this ratio worked best for my tastes.
- This recipe does not include the time to prepare the hard-boiled eggs. You can hard boil them at home or use precooked ones found near the eggs at the grocery store.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This recipe is adapted from Her Dress Code on TikTok.