Hawaiian Roll French Toast is made with fluffy Kings Hawaiian Rolls dipped into a 4-ingredient egg wash then cooked to perfection before covering in toppings! A quick, tasty breakfast that hits the table in just 30 minutes!
Grab another 30-minute breakfast recipe that’s also covered in delicious cinnamon such as these Cruffins or Air Fryer Monkey Bread!
Trade in your go-to sliced French toast for this Slider French Toast recipe! In this TikTok recipe inspired by @moribyan, thick, fluffy Hawaiian Rolls are drenched in a cozy cinnamon and vanilla egg mixture and cooked to golden brown right on the stove-top in a skillet!
Sliders made out of Hawaiian Rolls are some of my favorite easy-to-make recipes! From making them into mini ham and cheese sandwiches for the kids to Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders that are stuffed with eggs, cheese, sausage, and bacon!
Sometimes I even cover pizza night with them by making these 25-minute Pizza Sliders! So, I matched my love of sliders with my passion for French Toast and this Slider French Toast was born!
Sticky, Sweet, and Fun To Eat!
Taste: Kings Hawaiian Rolls have a lightly sweet flavor that matches well with the warm cinnamon and vanilla flavors! Once cooked, the sliders are drizzled with cozy maple syrup and a sprinkle of sweet, powdered sugar. If you want to make your rolls from scratch, I recommend this Hawaiian Rolls recipe from King Arthur Baking.
Texture: You won’t find any soggy, over-eggy French toast in this recipe! Instead, you get sticky syrup and fluffy sliders that have a lightly crisp outside. Making for a satisfying texture that will have you going back for more!
Don’t Forget The Toppings!
I love toppings on just about any delicious treat! You can enjoy these TikTok Hawaiian Roll Sliders the classic way, with maple syrup and powdered sugar dusting.
Or you can be extra with your toppings! Dress this good french toast recipe up with fresh fruit like strawberries, fresh banana slices, raspberries, and even blueberries!
For sweeter ideas, try adding a dollop of Nutella, some whipped cream, or a drizzle of honey! Though Easy Homemade Strawberry Sauce is easily my favorite topping!
Put A Tasty Twist On These Sliders!
This Slider French Toast is mouthwatering all on its own! But sometimes it’s fun to put a little twist on a classic, here are some more tasty and unique French toast recipes!
- Sneak a taste of Fall by pairing the Hawaiian Rolls with my Apple Pie French Toast! Complete with apple pie filling and creamy mascarpone!
- As the holidays roll in, use the egg mixture from my Gingerbread French Toast Bake Casserole! Or the one in this Eggnog French Toast!
- Then once St. Patrick’s Day finds us again you could make Irish Cream French Toast sliders!
- You could really elevate the Hawaiian Rolls by using them in this deliciously sweet Coconut French Toast!
Sticky, sweet breakfast treats like these are exactly how I like to start my day!
How Do I Store Leftover Slider French Toast?
Store leftover Hawaiian Roll French Toast Sliders in the refrigerator in an airtight container or a resealable bag. Enjoy them for up to 3 days!
What’s The Best Way To Reheat Leftovers?
I’ve found the best way to reheat them is to pop them in the oven on a baking sheet. To do so, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and bake them for 8 to 10 minutes.
Is There A Way To Keep The Grilled Rolls Warm Between Batches?
Yes! First, set your oven to its lowest temperature. Then when batches are grilled you can place them on a baking sheet and slide them into the oven. Your oven may also have a working drawer and that works great too!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
Hawaiian Roll French Toast
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 24 Pack Kings Hawaiian Rolls
- Maple syrup for serving
- Powdered sugar for serving
- In a medium-sized bowl, best the eggs then whisk in the heavy cream, vanilla, and cinnamon.3 large eggs, ¾ cup heavy cream, 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- On the stove, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in the pan.4 tablespoons salted butter
- Working in batches of 6 rolls, dip each roll into the egg mixture until completely coated and drip off any excess. Grill on each side starting for about 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown on each side. Repeat until all rolls have been grilled, using more butter as needed.24 Pack Kings Hawaiian Rolls
- Serve warm with maple syrup and powdered sugar.Powdered sugar, Maple syrup
- Set your oven to its lowest temperature to keep the grilled rolls warm between batches.
- The rolls can be stored in the refrigerator in a resealable bag for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, preheat your oven to 350℉ and bake for 8-10 minutes until hot.
- Nutritional information is an estimate per roll and without syrup or sugar.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Comments & Reviews
Qiana Bruce says
Thanks for sharing this recipe, they were absolutely amazing. I made some for my 12 yr old this morning before school, he loved them.
Hi! Just wondering why you exclude cooking the top? I’ve seen this recipe posted on a million sites and no one else has ever said that. Thank you so much!
Rebecca Hubbell says
It looks like that was a recipe error as all sides should be cooked since they are all coated in the eggwash.